'Tis the season for fall-ing in love with the world. Yes, summer is typically the best time for romance. You've heard "Summer Nights" from Grease enough times to know that there's something in the air when the days are longer and warmer. (That was also the exact moment you decided to be one of the Pink Ladies for Halloween this year.) But, in my personal opinion, the waves have some serious competition once the colorful leaves come around. Everywhere you go, it's like the Earth is putting on a show and illuminating your surroundings. Naturally, you need some autumn quotes for Instagram the second you see the beauty of this season. Social media really shouldn't miss out on this.
So, think about it: What's your favorite part of fall? Some might say the oversized sweaters and mashed potatoes. Others might preach about pumpkin spice lattes and the excitement of getting closer to the holidays. It's truly a time when you're never bored or feeling uninspired, because there's seemingly so much going on around you. The orchard down the street is brewing hot apple cider, and you're scoping out the best donuts in town at the farmers market, too. (Should I keep going, or are the cravings for fried dough and all things cinnamon stronger than ever before?)
On the weekends, you may go hiking and peep the leaves with your camera or just your naked eye. Sometimes a lens simply doesn't do your view justice, and you have to settle for a piece of content that feels a bit mediocre. You throw the image into your editing apps, and try applying one of the presets you bought from your favorite bloggers. How did they get golden hour to look so good? To quote Gossip Girl: "That's one secret I'll never tell." Just kidding, it's seriously all about mastering your editing skills.
But, even if you can't totally capture the crisp air or vibrant colors of the leaves in their entirety, you should still post something on social media. The essence of fall is that the world is changing and growing. Even the most imperfect pumpkin has its place in the patch and is worthy of putting on your front step. Just add one of these 32 autumn quotes as a caption, and your post will be lovely and worthy of the likes.
1. "And all at once, summer collapsed into fall." — Oscar Wilde
2. "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." — F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. "Autumn, the season that teaches us that change can be beautiful."
4. "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." — L.M. Montgomery
5. "Oh fall, it's nice to see you again."
6. "Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree." — Emily Bronte
7. "If a year was tucked inside of a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour." — Victoria Erickson
8. "Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile." — John Howard Bryant
9. "Happiness is coffee on a fall day."
10. "And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened." — Raquel Franco
11. "Fall in love with as many things as possible."
12. "Autumn leaves and pumpkins, please."
13. "Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace." — French Proverb
14. "Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop." — Rumi
15. "Can you smell autumn dancing in the breeze?"
16. "Everyone must take the time to sit and watch the leaves turn." — Elizabeth Lawrence
17. "There are two times of the year: Autumn and waiting for autumn."
18. "Autumn came with wind and gold."
19. "Stay cozy and content, like the colors of autumn."
20. "You're never too old to play in the leaves."
21. "Leaves are falling. Autumn is calling."
22. "If the leaves are changing, I feel poetry in the air." — Laura Jaworski
23. "You return like autumn, and I fall every time."
24. "It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon." — Sarah Addison Allen
25. "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." — Albert Camus
26. "Let there be pumpkin spice, because autumn days are here again."
27. "Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons." — Jim Bishop
28. "And autumn is the best time for adventures, because even the world is feeling a little more alive."
29. "Autumn is wild and it is yours."
30. "Beautiful things don't ask for attention."
31. "Fall in love with moments, the ones that autumn makes just for you."
32. "Every year I'm reminded to believe in magic, because of the beauty of autumn."
This article was originally published on