Earlier this week, Warner Bros. concluded its investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct between DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios during filming of Bachelor in Paradise.
The investigation reportedly found no evidence to support the claims and filming is set to resume next week.
It was initially reported that DeMario Jackson was invited to return to Mexico for filming of season four of Bachelor in Paradise, but sources allegedly told TMZ he will not be going back on the show.
According to TMZ, other sources are saying Jackson was never actually invited back by producers. It's also being reported that Jackson began seeing a therapist to help him deal with the fallout of the scandal.
Elite Daily reached out to Jackson's team for comment, but did not hear back at time of publication.
On Tuesday, Warner Bros. released the following statement:
As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.
Additionally, ABC told Elite Daily,
We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise. Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.
Olympios' lawyer, Martin Singer, responded to news of the show's return by telling ET,
It needs to be made crystal clear that production of Bachelor in Paradise was shut down because of multiple complaints received from BIP producers and crew members on the set. It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone. It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal investigation, would state that no wrongdoing had occurred. Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.
Jackson told Inside Edition he lost his job as a recruiting consultant over these allegations, and he also wants access to the tapes.
The 30-year-old, who was a contestant on Rachel Lindsay's season of The Bachelorette, has not responded to the most recent news of the show's return, but did release the following statement last week:
It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.
Jackson's statement came on the heels of Olympios telling TMZ,
I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.
Other than the statement from her lawyer, Olympios has not commented further or responded to news of the show's return. It seems highly unlikely she would be involved with the remainder of season four of Bachelor in Paradise, though.
We don't yet have an air date for the show, but cast members are expected to return to Mexico for filming early next week.