'Bachelor In Paradise' Suspension Reportedly Involves Corinne And DeMario
Update: On June 14, DeMario Jackson gave E! Online the following statement about the Bachelor in Paradise suspension and claims about his involvement:
It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.
Corinne also released a statement to TMZ on Wednesday. She said:
I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.
Earlier: Apparently, the whole drama can be traced back to one alleged incident that reportedly took place between Bachelor and Bachelorette breakouts DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios. According to Entertainment Tonight's report, things got a little too hot and heavy between DeMario and Corinne in a pool shortly after production began, and a producer claimed the event went so far that they felt it qualified as misconduct in the workplace. A source told the publication:
DeMario was in the pool. Next thing you know, Corinne comes over and hops on his lap. They start talking and joking... Everyone is just going about their business. Cameras are rolling. Producers are everywhere. That's when a 'third party' felt uncomfortable, claiming misconduct in the workplace. As of right now, production of 'Paradise' is suspended indefinitely. And they are sending everyone home and telling everyone else to stay home. DeMario and Corinne got sent home soon after.
Elite Daily reached out to teams for both DeMario and Corinne for comment, but did not hear back by the time of publication. Warner Bros. gave the following statement to Elite Daily:
We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.
Reports that the alleged incident involved DeMario, Corinne, and an uncomfortable producer were confirmed by Amy Kaufman, a writer for the LA Times best known for her coverage of The Bachelor and its various spinoffs. It's important to point out, though, that ABC and The Bachelor have yet to confirm exactly what happened to halt production.
Kaufman's report on the alleged incident provided a little more detail about what may have happened, saying that although DeMario and Corinne did not have sex on that first night of production, things got so raunchy between the two that it began to feel like “soft core porn.” Kaufman alleges that the show shutdown is due to an uncomfortable producer involved in filming who is now suing the show for misconduct.
Elite Daily reached out to ABC and Warner Bros. to confirm this account, but did not hear back by the time of publication.
According to reports, Corinne and DeMario are on good terms following the potentially show-killing incident. The two are apparently staying in contact with each other during the suspension.
ET reports all of the cast has been sent home indefinitely, as rumors fly that this season may not make it to air. Some sources like Reality Steve even suspect that the whole Paradise series may come to an end.