Is 'Bachelor In Paradise' Canceled For Good? What We Know About The Show's Future
Bachelor in Paradise is in the midst of some heavy drama, and not the kind that ABC producers actually like.
On Sunday, ABC announced it was suspended production on the fourth season of Bachelor in Paradise following "allegations of misconduct on set," supposedly between former Bachelorette DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios.
Update: On June 14, DeMario Jackson gave E! Online the following statement about the Bachelor in Paradise suspension and claims about his involvement:
It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.
Corinne also released a statement to TMZ on Wednesday. She said:
I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.
Earlier: Elite Daily reached out to ABC, as well as the teams of DeMario and Corinne, but did not hear back by the time of publication.
Warner Bros. told Elite Daily in a statement that an investigation is being conducted. The company did not clarify whether or not the season would continue filming after the investigation was completed.
The statement in full reads:
We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.
So is the show canceled for good?
There's no official confirmation, but it definitely sounds like that's a real possibility, especially if the investigation were to find that a crime had been committed.
TV writer Reality Steve, who has many close connections with the Bachelor, claims the show has indeed been "basically cancelled" for good.
"From I've been told, the show has been cancelled," he wrote on Twitter. "They're done. Everyone's being sent home."
On Sunday, fans ran into some of the Bachelor in Paradise cast at an airport in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
ET reports the cast was sent home indefinitely.
It's not looking good for Bachelor in Paradise. The fourth season was originally set to premiere August 8.
Stay tuned for the official word, but fans who were hoping to end their summer with one last hurrah of Bachelor Nation antics should steel themselves for disappointment.