Beetlejuice has everything you could ever want in a Halloween movie: the undead, scary sandworms, and of course, that devious titular character whose name you’d rather not say out loud three times. Though, you don’t mind repeating all of your favorite lines from the movie out loud, which is why using some of those Beetlejuice quotes for Instagram captions is the right way to go. With a bunch of fall activities on the agenda, it’s helpful to have some captions ready to go to make posting your snaps easier than ever. Luckily, there’s a Beetlejuice quote that can work for just about any snap you have saved in your drafts.
If you and your roomies have a backyard fall movie night in the books, you might want to use the iconic, “It’s showtime,” quote to caption your photo of your screen and projector setup. Add some Beetlejuice-esque snacks to the menu like black and white Zebra popcorn to match Beetlejuice’s pinstripe suit, because what’s a movie night without some popcorn? Serve up some Lydia and Beetlejuice-inspired cocktails (if you’re 21 or up) as well, paired with sandworm cupcakes. Snap enough foodie pics to make all your followers drool with ghoulish delight.
When the temperature drops outside, channel your inner Lydia Deetz by rocking some cool all-black outfits. While wearing your fave dark oversized sweaters and combat boots, use one of her teen quotes from the film to caption your #OOTD post. You can even post a Boomerang of you dancing around to "Day-O" at your Halloween party and use any of these 23 Beetlejuice quotes that has just the right spirit.
Whatever you plan on doing this fall, think of this list as your very own Beetlejuice Handbook for the Recently Deceased. Let it guide you to Insta greatness with just the right words to say on all your festive snaps and selfies.
1. “I will live with you in this hellhole, but I must express myself.” — Delia Deetz
2. "Go ahead, make my millennium." — Beetlejuice
3. "I, myself, am strange and unusual." — Lydia Deetz
4. "I'm tellin' ya, honey, she meant nothin' to me. Nothin' at all!” — Beetlejuice
5. "What did you expect? You're dead!" — Juno
6. "I'm a ghost with the most, babe." — Beetlejuice
7. "There's a word for people in our situation: ghosts.” — Adam
8. "We're dead. I don't think we have very much to worry about anymore." — Adam
9. "I didn't realize you were into the supernatural." — Bernard
10. "Don't mind her. She's still upset, because somebody dropped a house on her sister." — Otho
11. "I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively.” — Beetlejuice
12. "These aren't my rules. Come to think of it, I don't have any rules." — Beetlejuice
13. "It's showtime." — Beetlejuice
14. "Never trust the living!" — Juno
15. "You have got to take the upper hand in all situations or people, whether they're dead or alive, will walk all over you." — Delia Deetz
16. "I am alone. I am *utterly* alone." — Lydia Deetz
17. "I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual.’” — Lydia Deetz
18. "Please, they're dead. It's a little late to be neurotic." — Delia Deetz
19. "Are you a ghost, too?” — Lydia Deetz
20. "I have a feeling there's something very interesting behind that door.” — Otho
21. "I know just as much about the supernatural as I do about interior design." — Otho
22. "What's the good of being a ghost if you can't frighten people away?" — Barbara
23. "Maybe you can relax in a haunted house, but I can't." — Lydia Deetz
You can use a direct quote from the film if it pairs just right with your photo, or tweak it a tad with a cute emoji or a punny upgrade. Whatever you do, you’re sure to get major likes with a well-thought-out caption. Of course, if you’re feeling extra mischievous, you can always gamble with a “Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice” caption. Though, just know, you’ve been forewarned that something wicked could be coming your way very soon.
This article was originally published on