55 Christmas Lights Captions That'll Make Your Whole Feed Shimmer
These quotes are just watt you need.
It's Christmastime once again, which can only mean one thing for your home: it's time to break out the glittering Christmas lights. While untangling your wires every year may be a mess, it’s totally worth it once you’ve wrapped your lights around your tree and maybe even added a shining star on top. Whether you’re decking out your home with lights or you see a sparkling Christmas display downtown, Christmas lights are such a sight to see that you’ll immediately want to snap some pictures for the ‘Gram. When you’re ready to post, use these Christmas lights captions and quotes to make your Instagram feed shimmer.
There's something about seeing Christmas lights that can bring up feelings of nostalgia. It’s the same way Halloween doesn't feel complete without a pumpkin carving, and Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving until you trace your hand on a piece of paper and call it a turkey. You don’t truly feel the holiday spirit until your lights are strung up and twinkling in December. The same could be said about your Instagram posts. They just feel incomplete without a proper caption, and the perfect Christmas light captions are the best way to make your post shine bright like a diamond (or like the top of your Christmas tree).
Even if you’re just trying to come up with the right words to pair with your family photo in front of the tree or selfies of you in front of your town’s holiday light display, a few Christmas light quotes will make the moment even more magical. You could even document all your holiday festivities of decorating your home, watching classic holiday movies, and taking a walk in the neighborhood to check out the rest of the holiday lights in town by posting a Christmas photo dump. To go along with all your sparkling selfies and shimmering TikTok videos, you need these 55 Christmas lights quotes. Of course, if you haven’t put up your tree yet, that should be the first thing on your list to do. As you unpack your favorite ornaments, sort through your favorite Christmas lights captions to make both assembling your tree and IG post that much easier.
- "Dream big, sparkle more, shine bright."
- "Christmas is too sparkly… said no one ever."
- "Don't get your tinsel in a tangle."
- "Where the treetops glisten." — Bing Crosby, "White Christmas"
- "All the jingle ladies."
- "Leave a little sparkle wherever you go."
- "'Tis the season to sparkle."
- "Decking the halls in sparkles."
- "Glitter is the new black."
- "There's room for everyone on the nice list." — Buddy the Elf, Elf
- "Sleighed it."
- "All is calm, all is bright." — Bing Crosby, "Silent Night"
- "Fairy lights on winter nights."
- "Merry everything and a happy always."
- "She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."
- "May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve."
- "Have yourself a merry little Christmas." — Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
- "When in doubt, add more sparkle."
- "'Tis the season to be cheesin'."
- "Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see." — The Conductor, The Polar Express
- "Me every day: Slay. Me in December: Sleigh."
- "Up to snow good."
- "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." — Buddy the Elf, Elf
- "All the lights are shining so brightly everywhere." — Mariah Carey, "All I Want For Christmas Is You"
- "Oh Christmas lights keep shining on." — Coldplay, "Christmas Lights"
- "All of the lights." — Kanye West, "All Of The Lights"
- "Walking in a winter wonderland." — Felix Bernard, "Winter Wonderland"
- "It's the most wonderful time of the year." — Andy Williams, "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year"
- "And as any child can tell you, there's a certain magic that comes with the very first snow, especially when it falls on the day before Christmas." — Narrator, Frosty the Snowman
- "Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand." — Dr. Seuss
- “Things are getting lit.”
- “Watts up?”
- “In my heart is a Christmas tree farm, where the people would come to dance under sparkling lights.” — Taylor Swift, “Christmas Tree Farm”
- “Just like Christmas lights, when one of us goes out, all of us go out.”
- “Have a de-light-ful Christmas.”
- “It’s the holiday season, so let’s get lit.”
- “The definition of keeping things merry and bright.”
- “My favorite color is Christmas lights.”
- “When the Christmas tree is the only light in the room.”
- “Christmas lights instantly make you feel like a kid again.”
- “Bright Christmas stars shine on high, golden stars in the wintery sky.” — Marie Irish
- “I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way (s)he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” — Maya Angelou
- “You light up my life.” — Joseph Brooks, “You Light Up My Life”
- “I love the holiday season a watt.”
- “Look at the lights, twinkling bright.” — Jonas Brothers, “Like It’s Christmas”
- “The most magical time of the year.”
- “Friends are like Christmas lights. Some are broke. Others just don’t work for you, and there are others that make your day shine bright.”
- “Shine bright like a Christmas light.”
- “Friends like you make the season bright.”
- “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.”
- “Sparkly bows and mistletoe.”
- “Come on, baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire.” — The Doors, “Light My Fire”
- “What's a girl gonna do? A diamond's gotta shine.” — Taylor Swift, “Bejeweled
- “I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.” —Elf
- “When I walk in the room I can still make the whole place shimmer.” — Taylor Swift, “Bejeweled”
Get The Elite Daily Newsletter
You deserve emails that are actually fun — full of juicy celeb intel, astrology, helpful dating advice, and much more. Luckily, our newsletter will bring you all of that, well, daily.
This article was originally published on