ABC

'Bachelor In Paradise' DeMario Jackson Wants To Talk To Corinne, Reports Say

Bachelor in Paradise is reportedly set to resume filming this week after being temporarily suspended over allegations of sexual misconduct between DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios.

Now, Jackson wants to talk to Olympios about the sexual assault claim, TMZ reports.

Elite Daily reached out to Jackson's team and Olympios' team for comment, but did not hear back by time of publication.

YouTube

Sources allegedly told TMZ Jackson was "blindsided and confused" by Olympios' reaction and the fact that she claimed to be a victim. He was reportedly under the impression that a third party had complained about their sexual activity in the pool, but Olympios had no problem with it.

After news broke that Bachelor in Paradise was canceled and contestants got sent home, Olympios told TMZ,

I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.
ABC

Jackson responded with a statement, which read,

It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.

Last week, Warner Bros. released a statement on the conclusion of its investigation into the situation:

As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.

Additionally, ABC told Elite Daily,

We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise. Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.

While Demario Jackson has yet to speak out about news of the show's return, he will not be returning to Mexico to rejoin the cast for season four, TMZ reports. It was previously reported he received an invite, but sources allegedly told TMZ he does not want to be involved with the show and has been seeing a therapist to deal with the fallout of the controversy.

ABC

In reaction to the investigation being closed, Olympios' lawyer, Martin Singer, told ET,

It needs to be made crystal clear that production of Bachelor in Paradise was shut down because of multiple complaints received from BIP producers and crew members on the set. It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone. It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal investigation, would state that no wrongdoing had occurred. Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.

Jackson has not yet commented on the show's return or being cleared of accusations. According to TMZ, he would be happy to meet up with Olympios to discuss what happened but will not be reaching out because he feels that's her responsibility.

On Friday, Jackson was spotted partying in LA. Meanwhile, Olympios has been spending time with her alleged boyfriend, who released a statement defending her.

It seems unlikely there will be a meet-up between Jackson and Olympios as long as her legal team continues to investigate.