Other than a statement from her lawyer, Corinne Olympios has remained silent since Warner Bros.' announcement that Bachelor in Paradise will resume filming following its investigation – which found no evidence of sexual misconduct – but now her rumored boyfriend is speaking out about the controversy.
Jordan Gielchinsky, whom Corinne is rumored to have begun dating before leaving for BIP filming, gave the following statement to E! News:
I have known Corinne for over 10 years and as a friend or boyfriend, she will continue to receive my unwavering loyalty and support until I decide that there is a legitimate reason not to give it. Anything the public may perceive that is coming from me is pure speculation. There is an ongoing inquiry that must follow a course to its conclusion before I can fully comment. I pay very little attention to the media and try to ignore all the conjecture surrounding my relationship with Corinne. The only two people who know the true disposition of our relationship is Corinne and I.
Elite Daily reached out to Corinne's team for comment, but did not hear back at time of publication.
On Tuesday, Warner Bros. released a statement, which read,
As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.
ABC also told Elite Daily,
We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise. Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.
DeMario Jackson has not responded to this most recent news, but Corinne's lawyer, Martin Singer, fired back at Warner Bros. He told ET,
It needs to be made crystal clear that production of Bachelor in Paradise was shut down because of multiple complaints received from BIP producers and crew members on the set. It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone. It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal investigation, would state that no wrongdoing had occurred. Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.
So who is Jordan Gielchinsky?
According to his LinkedIn profile, he is president of Giel York Tobacco Corporation and lives in Miami, Florida. We don't know much else about him, other than the fact that he is standing by Corinne amid all the drama of the past several days.
Sources have suggested the pair began dating before Corinne left for Mexico and they had an agreement that she wouldn't hook up with anyone on the show. She was allegedly only going on the show to gain more attention for her new clothing line.
After filming was suspended, Corinne released a statement to TMZ, saying,
I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.
DeMario responded by saying he too had sought out legal counsel. In a statement to E! News, he said,
It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.
Reports claim Jackson was invited to return for filming of season four, but sources say he will not be going back. In an interview with Inside Edition, Jackson said he lost his job as a recruiting consultant over the controversy, and while he doesn't blame anyone, he is requesting access to the tapes.
Producers have not commented on whether or not all contestants got an invitation back.
It seems highly unlikely Corinne would have any further involvement in this season of Bachelor in Paradise. What we do know is, at least for the time being, is that Gielchinsky is standing by his woman as her team continues to investigate what happened.