Bachelor Nation is left in disarray after an abrupt stop to the filming of Bachelor In Paradise.
According to Entertainment Tonight, the production of the show was halted when a producer reported sexual misconduct in the workplace.
Allegedly, a sexual incident happened between show contestants Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson while in a pool.
Update: On June 14, DeMario Jackson gave E! Online the following statement about the Bachelor in Paradise suspension and claims about his involvement:
It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.
Earlier: Warner Bros. gave the following statement to Elite Daily:
We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.
A source also reportedly told ET,
DeMario was in the pool. Next thing you know, Corinne comes over and hops on his lap. They start talking and joking… Everyone is just going about their business. Cameras are rolling. Producers are everywhere. That's when a 'third party' felt uncomfortable, claiming misconduct in the workplace. As of right now, production of 'Paradise' is suspended indefinitely. And they are sending everyone home and telling everyone else to stay home. DeMario and Corinne got sent home soon after.
Now, TMZ just reported Corinne has spoken out about the controversy.
She told the outlet,
I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.
According to TMZ, she added,
As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.
Elite Daily reached out to Corinne's team as well as her lawyer for comment on her statement.
For his part, DeMario said in a video obtained by Entertainment Tonight,
I have nothing to say. You know, Corinne's an awesome girl and that's all I have to say...
And to his fans?
Love you all. Thank you for the support.
In the meantime, Elite Daily is sending support to all those who need it at this time.