There's a difference between someone being mildly interested in you and someone actually having feelings for you.
Needless to say, that leaves a lot of room for interpretation. And by "room for interpretation," I mean "room for us to overanalyze dumb stuff that literally means nothing at all."
The thing is, someone who really has feelings for you is going to do all of the things that a person who is mildly interested in you does. The difference is just that they do all that stuff and then some.
So, let me clear things up for you a bit.
If someone does the stuff on this list, whether it be just a few things or literally every single thing, and does nothing else outside of it, it means NOTHING.
At best, this person is mildly interested in you. And by that, I mean he's down to hook up with you, just like he's down to hook up with a bunch of other girls he's talking to. At worst, you literally mean nothing to him.
Read through these and consider yourself warned.
1. When he likes your profile picture on Facebook.
Congrats, you look attractive to him in that picture.
Or maybe he thinks it's funny. Or maybe he accidentally clicked the "like" button and didn't bother un-clicking it. Either way, I wouldn't take it as a sign of his UNDYING LOVE.
2. When he likes your Instagram.
Think of yourself scrolling through your Instagram feed mindlessly liking people's posts. Do those likes mean you LOVE them? Nope, didn't think so.
3. When he retweets your tweet.
Congrats, you said something funny. That's all that means.
4. When he likes literally any social media post you ever posted — ever.
I'm sorry, but this just means NOTHING. At best, he thought you looked good in that picture. Or it was funny.
5. When he buys you a drink at the bar.
Bare minimum here, people.
6. When he watches your Snapchat story.
It would take more of an effort for him to purposely skip over your story in an attempt to not watch it than it would for him to just casually browse through it like he does with all of the other stories on his feed (including but not limited to his partner from freshman year bio class and his mom).
I've written extensively about this. CHECK IT OUT.
7. When he replies to the personal Snapchat you sent him.
You spoke to him and he responded. That's not being into you. That's just being a normal human with normal social skills.
8. When he adds you on Snapchat.
Sure, maybe he likes you in the sense that he's hoping to get a nude from you.
9. When he sends you a snap.
It could be a mass snap.
10. When he asks you what you're up to on a Friday night.
He's scoping out his options for what to do and you're an option. CONGRATS!
11. When you get a 1 am drunk "come over" from him.
That, my friend, is a booty call.
12. When he drunkenly tells you he liked you.
Sure, he may actually like you. But if none of his sober actions reflect that earnest profession of his fondness for you, I'd say it's the tequila talking.
13. When he responds to your text immediately.
He was by his phone and you texted him, so he responded. That's it.
14. When he texts you emojis.
Emojis are fun.
15. When he spoons you after sex.
Does he ask you to hang out after the sex and the spooning? That is the question.
16. When he calls you "babe."
If anything, this just makes it easier for when he forgets your name.
17. When he opens your snap immediately.
Again, he was by his phone and you snapped him... so he opened it.
18. When he puts a lot of i's in the "hiii" text he sent you.
Yes, he's being flirty, but he is also using truly the lowest level of creativity and effort to flirt with you.
19. When he buys you a coffee the morning after a hookup.
He wanted a coffee and you happened to be there, so he invited you to tag along. His mom didn't raise him to be a cheap chump, so he paid for yours.
This is not a date, and it does not mean he's in love with you.
20. When he buys you late night pizza on your way back to his place at the end of the night.
Again, this is something he wanted to do that you just happened to be along for the ride on.
21. When he says anything affectionate during sex.
That just doesn't count.
22. When he connects with you on LinkedIn.
You popped up on suggested people, and he added you.
23. When he holds your hand on your way back to his place at the end of the night.
Consider it foreplay.
24. When you tell him you don't want to have sex and he says it's OK.
That's not being in love with you. That's just not being rapey.
25. When he invites you to his party on Facebook.
He also invited 249 other people. You think he's in love with them, too??
26. When he's nice.
That's the bottom line here, LADIES. We can't be confusing the bare minimum of COMMON DECENCY niceness for a sign that he ~loves~ you. Of course he should be nice to you.
Now, don't be all down on yourself. This isn't a list of signs he's not into you.
It's just a list to remind you to stop reading into this dumb stuff as some sort of sign that he's madly in love with you.