Thanksgiving is a beautiful time to reflect on your life and give thanks. So, ask yourself this: What things have happened over the past few months that make you unexpectedly grateful? Perhaps you were able to spend more quality time with your family or partner while quarantining amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, or experienced several little victories like learning how to bake banana bread or mastering a challenging TikTok dance. All of these things deserve some appreciation, no matter how big or small these events may seem. So, celebrate them on Instagram with the best Thanksgiving captions.
This year, we’ve had to make major changes in celebrating many life events and holiday plans. That includes Thanksgiving. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends modifying your usual holiday plans by gathering virtually or limiting your small holiday dinner to only the friends or family who you’ve been quarantining with. But, downsizing your traditional Thanksgiving celebration doesn’t mean downsizing what you’re thankful for. Spread love and appreciation in a big way by texting the friends who constantly bring you happiness, and setting up cozy, virtual hangouts with all the loved ones you can’t be with in person this year. Say "thank you" for all they contribute to your life by sharing an Instagram post that will tell a thousand words.
There’s more than one way to give thanks, and sharing a social media post is one of the sweetest ways to embrace the spirit of the holiday season. Just pick any of these 38 captions for Thanksgiving, combined with the perfect pics. Then, dig into your dinner from the safety and comfort of your own home, assuming you're not already too stuffed with gratitude.
1. "Thankful and grateful today and every day."
2. "Autumn skies and pumpkin pies."
3. "Let our lives be full of both thanks and giving."
4. "Gratitude is the best attitude."
5. "Give thanks with a grateful heart." — 1 Thessalonians 5:18
6. "Grateful for small things, big things, and everything in between."
7. "There is always something to be grateful for." — Rhonda Byrne
8. "What if today we were just grateful for everything." — Charlie Brown
9. "Carry a thankful heart."
10. "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough." — Melody Beattie
11. "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." — Oprah Winfrey
12. "Be happy in the moment, that's enough. Each moment is all we need, not more." — Mother Teresa
13. "Hey there, cutie pie."
14. "I love the season of giving so berry much."
15. "Stop, drop, and pass the rolls."
16. "Talk turkey to me."
17. "Autumn has me thinking about things that have changed, and things I’m grateful for."
18. "Cutest pumpkin in the patch."
19. "Love at first bite."
20. "My cup is filled with so much gratitude."
21. "Feast your eyes on my people. I love them so much."
22. "Only have pies for you."
23. "For goodness bakes."
24. "May the pies be ever in your flavor."
25. "I yam totally thankful for you."
26. "Football, turkey, and the apple of my eye."
27. "At this point my blood type is pumpkin spice."
28. "Stressed, blessed, and pumpkin spice-obsessed."
29. "When the clock strikes midnight, pumpkin everything."
30. "If you need me, I’ll be here, chatting with my loves."
31. "Gobble gobble."
32. "I never met a pumpkin pie I didn't like."
33. "You are the apple to my pie."
34. "So much thanks and giving today.”
35. "Pumpkin to be thankful for.”
36. "Today my occupation is couch potato."
37. "It's all about sweater weather."
38. "So very thankful."
This article was originally published on