It seems like everyone’s getting into the Valentine's Day spirit this year — even your pup. They might be rocking a bowtie hoping you invite them to a candlelit dinner for two or a night of cuddling, complete with a rom-com and chowing down on some treats. That's exactly what you plan on doing, so you'll need some of the best captions for your dog's Valentine's Day Instagram posts.
You plan on taking plenty of pictures of your evening together and posting them on social media. You may have already created a separate Instagram account for posting all of those snaps and showing the world how adorable your best furry friend is, especially in themed photos. So, it's time to break out the plush hearts for a doggy photo session, in addition to these captions for your dog’s Valentine’s Day Instagram pics.
If you need some inspo for poses or props, take a cue from some of the sweetest dogs on Instagram. For instance, DJANGO (@djangothegent), a pooch who’s based in New York City, posed next to a letter board that asks his followers, “Will you be my Valentine?” Golden retriever Murphy (@therufflifeofmurphy) posed in the snow for a snap with a bouquet of roses, likely for a very special pup. After getting some creative photo ideas for your own pup, snap a pic, grab a Valentine’s Day caption, and click share.
1. "I woof you, Valentine."
2. "Put your paw in mine."
3. "I'm wagging my tail, because I'm happy to see you."
4. "And they called it puppy love." — Paul Anka, "Puppy Love"
5. "I'll eat snacks and sit on the couch with you."
6. "I woof you today and every day."
7. "You're doggone cute."
8. "Draw me like one of your French bulldogs."
9. "You are pawsitively the best."
10. "Call me Cupid."
11. "I make a mess without you."
12. "Will you accept this rose?" — The Bachelor
13. "I'd try any trick to get a Valentine like you."
14. "I asked Cupid to fetch me a Valentine, and here you are."
15. "Valentine's Day would be ruff without you."
16. "Hey Valentine, I really dig ya."
17. "I'm just howlin' for you."
18. "Schedule me a vet appointment, because you just took my breath away."
19. "I puggin' love you."
20. "I fur real love spending time with you."
21. "Pugs and kisses to my Valentine."
22. "I love you so puggin' much."
23. "You're pawesome just the way you are."
24. "Hey corgeous, happy Valentine's Day."
25. "Valentine, I'll always stay with you."
26. "All you need is love... and a dog."
27. "I've got plenty of free wet kisses."
28. "Hot dog, you're the best."
29. "Hey Valentine, I love long walks on the beach, too."
30. "If I'm a good boy, will you be mine?"
31. "It's a treat to spend Valentine's Day with you."
32. "Doggone it, I love spending time with my Valentine."
33. "Woof you be mine?"
34. "The snuggle is real."
35. "I chews you, Valentine."
This article was originally published on