The holidays this year will be all about spending quality time with whomever you’re safely quarantined with. So, gear up to take a much-needed break from work and your busy schedule to focus on what truly matters: the magic of the season. There are Christmas cookies to bake, homemade hot cocoa to sip, and backyard snowball fights to be had. These activities will call for some of the best quotes about the holidays that capture all of the merry and bright feels.
Even though holidays and major life events are looking very different this year due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, many of the traditions you love can still happen. As of Dec. 4, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you stay safe at home when celebrating the winter holidays with only your immediate household. Getting together with anyone other than those you’ve been quarantining with can increase the risk of spreading or contracting the coronavirus.
Taking that into consideration, you might plan to have virtual holiday movie nights with your best friends or decorating gingerbread cookies at home with your housemates. All these festive moments will still be special, and can be captured with selfies and screenshots to post on the ‘gram, along with some holiday season quotes.
Pair a heartwarming holiday saying with that sweet pic of your housemates gathered around the dinner table on Christmas Eve, or wearing matching Hanukkah jammies on your family FaceTime. A good caption will come in handy for your gingerbread house pic and snuggly snaps by the fireplace with your pup and some mulled cider. Since you'll be very busy celebrating and snapping away, consider these captions a Christmas gift to you. That way, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the season, and have fun toasting, unwrapping presents, and making the absolute best of an untraditional holiday.
1. "Feelin’ merry and bright by the fire.”
2. "My pup and this hot cocoa are all I want for Xmas.”
3. "I believe."
4. "May all your Christmases be white." — Irving Berlin, "White Christmas"
5. "From the windows to the walls, I’m about to deck these halls.”
6. "Everything is just better during the holidays."
7. "Don’t be a Grinch.”
8. "In this family, we jingle all the way."
9. "I’m Zoom-ing through Christmas in my holiday PJs.”
10. "Dear Santa, define good."
11. "Relax. Unwind. Get in a Christmas state of mind."
12. "What happens under the mistletoe, stays under the mistletoe."
13. "It's the most wonderful time of the year." — Edward Pola and George Wyle, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
14. "Be happy. Be bright. Be you."
15. "The holidays are all about flannel PJs all day, every day."
16. "There's snowbody I'd rather spend the holidays with."
17. "Christmas is too sparkly, said no one ever."
18. "May your days be merry and bright." — Irving Berlin, "White Christmas"
19. "This virtual holiday party calls for mulled wine."
20. "’Too many cups of hot cocoa,’ said nobody ever.”
21. "Jingling from the kitchen to the couch.”
22. "Don't get your tinsel in a tangle."
23. "Be good, or I'll text Santa."
24. "My holiday consists of more sleeping, more eating, more going on Instagram, and staying up late."
25. "Cheers, my rein-DEARS."
If you think you’re showing symptoms of coronavirus, which include fever, shortness of breath, and cough, call your doctor before going to get tested. If you’re anxious about the virus’s spread in your community, visit the CDC for up-to-date information and resources, or seek out mental health support. You can find all Elite Daily's coverage of coronavirus here.
This article was originally published on