Instagram is a one-stop destination for dreamy travel pics, delicious foodie snaps, artsy #OOTD shots, couple selfies... and the list goes on. There's nothing that deserves a sweet comment and cute emoji more than an adorable picture of your friends who are dating. Your first instinct might be to write “awww” with a ton of red heart emojis, but from time to time, you want to switch things up with unique comments to leave on Instagram for couples. After all, you don’t want to sound like a broken record.
As a true best friend, it’s your duty to hype up your BFF whenever possible. That includes leaving comments on their Insta whenever they post something new. For a post with their significant other, you want to leave a comment that’s super supportive and shows that you’re ready to be the fairy godmother in this real-life Cinderella story. Since you never know what kind of couple pic you’ll see on your feed, you have to be prepared for it all.
Scrolling through Insta, you might come across an adorable throwback pic from when they first started dating, or a cozy selfie of the two of them having date night at home. You might also see something surprising like an engagement announcement or anniversary post that’ll seriously hit you in the feels. To make sure you’ve got the right words for whatever post pops up on your feed, keep these 24 comments for couples handy. This list includes comments for vacay snaps, big events, and random photos that just put a big smile on your face. Likes are a great start, but comments are where you really get to show off how big of a cheerleader you are to your best friend.
For A Couple's Vacation Snaps:
1. "You two were mermaid for each other."
2. "I love seaing you two together."
3. "You two are a romance novel and travel pamphlet all rolled into one."
4. "Oh, the places you two will go and take the cutest pics at."
5. "I love that you've found your perfect travel partner."
For Their Couple Selfies:
6. "Seeing you two together is like watching a Disney movie IRL."
7. "If I looked up ‘true love’ in the dictionary, I’m sure I would see this picture."
8. "You guys should warn people before you're going to post something this cute."
9. "I’m so glad you both swiped right."
10. "You guys are too cute. I can't deal RN."
For Anniversary Posts:
11. "Congrats on another year of being my favorite couple ever."
12. "You two make me believe in happily ever after."
13. "Has it really been this long? I guess time flies when you’re both so cute and in love."
14. "I’m going to drink a glass of wine in honor of you two."
15. "I knew today was a good day. Wishing you another year of love and happiness."
For Exciting Engagement Announcements:
16. "My favorite couple is now engaged AF!"
17. "I’ve never been more excited for true love and a slice of wedding cake in my near future."
18. "I'm not crying, you're crying. (JK, I'm actually happy crying.)"
19. "Is there a way to love this picture, because I just keep clicking 'like' over and over."
20. "Here’s a round of applause for my favorite couple. [lots of hand clap emojis].”
For Any Pic That Makes You Smile Extra Big:
21. "I’m going to sound real cheesy, but I think you two are grate."
22. "I must be the Grinch, because my heart just grew three sizes looking at this pic."
23. "Can we taco ‘bout how cute you two are?"
24."This pic is so sweet that I doughnut want to stop looking at it. I think I love it s’more and s’more, and it really bakes me smile."
This article was originally published on