There's no denying that St. Patrick's Day is such a fun holiday to celebrate with friends and family. Maybe you'll start the day off by having a green bagel for brunch with your roomies, and finish off the day drinking a green beer or two in a virtual happy hour with friends (if you're 21 and up, of course). Whatever your St. Paddy's Day plans may be, don't forget to snap a few green outfit pics and group Zoom screenshots. If you're feeling in a witty mood and are just embracing all of those good-spirited vibes, funny quotes for St. Patrick's Day will do just the trick for your Instagram captions.
Coming up with a solid, clever caption can be such a struggle — and when you're celebrating, you might not want to take any time away from the fun to think of one. So, do not fret, because these 21 witty St. Patrick’s Day quotes may very well capture everything you’re feeling on Mar. 17. Since you plan on celebrating virtually this year, use these words to caption an Instagram post of you cheersing with your Irish whiskey cocktail over FaceTime with your family, or a silly selfie dancing in the living room with your partner.
Even the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has some recommendations of ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day safely, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. For example, you could whip up an entire Irish dinner for you and your roommates to enjoy out in the backyard, or play some virtual games with your long-distance besties. Whatever you decide to do, you know you'll be smiling just like a leprechaun staring into his beautiful pot of gold. So, use a St. Patrick’s Day quote that fits your cheery vibe and Irish-es all your friends on the ‘gram the best.
1. "The leprechauns made me do it!"
2. "Get your Irish on."
3. "This is what they meant when they said, ‘Take a pitcher, it’ll last longer.’”
4. "Irish you were beer."
5. "Let's drink green beer! Let's do green Jell-o shots! Where's your Saint Patrick's Day spirit?" — Barney, How I Met Your Mother
6. "You're now aware you can't say 'Irish Wristwatch'."
7. "As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction." — Irish Blessing
8. "May God bless and keep in good health your enemies’ enemies." — Irish Saying
9. "Did someone say shenanigans?"
10. "In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here." — "In Heaven There Is No Beer"
11. "May your St. Patrick's Day be beery, and oh so cheery."
12. "Here's to you and here's to me, I pray that friends we'll always be, but if by chance we disagree, the heck with you and here's to me." — Irish Toast
13. "Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don’t want to press your luck."
14. "Don't pinch me, bro."
15. "Sorry, I got a little Irish whiskey’d away."
16. "There are only two kinds of people in the world, The Irish and those who wish they were." — Irish Saying
17. "It ain’t over till it’s clover.”
18. "Felt cute, might be up for some shenanigans later.”
19. "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning." — Drake, "Signs"
20. "This is what it looks like when I’m in paddy mode.”
This article was originally published on