This Fourth Of July BBQ Playlist Is More Sizzling Than Your Grilling Skills
This Fourth of July, you want to ensure your barbecue is the one everyone wants to hit up.
The best way to make that happen (besides serving up some red, white, and blue shots), is to make sure your party is equipped with a killer playlist.
Sure, what's cooking on the grill is important, but nothing gets people more pumped up than an ultimate mix of music.
To get started, you should include a bunch of solid party songs to get people hyped. Mix in several hits that show off your American pride, and add in a few classics everyone loves.
The perfect playlist will keep people going up until the big fireworks show.
If you're struggling with what to include in your Spotify playlist, here are some awesome songs you need to add STAT.
1. "Party In The U.S.A." by Miley Cyrus
This jam should seriously be number one on your playlist.
*noddin' our heads like yeah*
2. "Firework" by Katy Perry
The fireworks are my favorite part about the Fourth of July, and Katy Perry totally gets it.
3. "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
You have to add this classic up into the mix.
4. "Life Is A Highway" by Rascal Flatts
This song makes me want to drive across the country with the windows down, and my hair dramatically blowing in the wind.
5. "Small Town" by John Mellencamp
Yeah, I can be myself here in this small town And people let me be just what I want to be
6. "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard" by Paul Simon
This song kind of makes me want to play basketball with Paul Simon, which just feels very 'Murica.
7. "We Built This City" by Starship
I don't know a single person who doesn't love and immediately jam out to this song.
8. "Livin' On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi
We're all just livin' on a prayer.
9. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson has to make an appearance on your playlist. It's blasphemy without him.
10. "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel
If you want a quick history lesson, just listen to the lyrics of this Billy Joel song.
11. "Cheeseburger In Paradise" by Jimmy Buffett
This is constantly my song of the summer. I'll just be chilling with my cheeseburger at this barbecue with "lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes."
12. "Wannabe" by Spice Girls
Every party needs a little girl power.
13. "I'm The One" by DJ Khaled ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne
I don't think any of us can get this song out of our heads.
Even though I already said "Cheeseburger In Paradise" is my song of the summer, I'm pretty sure this is the actual song of the summer.
14. "Despacito" Remix by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber
This song is straight fire, and Justin Bieber crushed it once again.
15. "Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard
This song brings me back to middle school, driving around with the windows down near the beach.
16. "Santeria" by Sublime
After rocking out, you need a chill vibe for your barbecue, and that's exactly what "Santeria" brings.
17. "Want You Back" by HAIM
I seriously want to roll with these ladies, so I feel like adding them to my playlist sort of makes us instant BFFs?
18. "I Want You Back" by The Jackson 5
This song will put everyone in a good mood.
19. "That's What I Like" by Bruno Mars
You can't have a party without Bruno Mars. He is the party.
20. "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift
You can always count on Taylor Swift to write a catchy song even your mom sings along to in the car.
21. "Starships" by Nicki Minaj
This song just makes me think of basking in the sun on the beach.
22. "Hey Ya!" by Outkast
If you're looking for everyone to start *shaking it like a Polaroid picture*, this is the song for your party.
23. "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
Even your friends who claim they can't dance will be shaking to this one.