Differences Between Traveling In Your 20s And 30s
Traveling during any stage of your life is never anything short of awesome.
Feeding your wanderlust is one of the most incredible gifts you can give yourself, and it never fails to be totally fulfilling. When you have that deep itch to book a vacation, I say go for it because life's too short to spend time NOT traveling.
If you're lucky enough to travel it up in your 20s, you will never regret dishing out that extra cash on the irreplaceable memories you'll create.
Traveling in your 30s is just as spectacular, but you'll most likely have an entirely different experience throughout your getaway.
Here are the 12 differences between traveling in your 20s and 30s.
1. In your 20s, you attempt to cut costs on your vacation because you're broke AF (hostels… YEP). When you're in your 30s, you're more financially stable and able to travel to lavish destinations on your bucket list.
2. In your 20s, you're more likely to travel with your friends. In your 30s, you'll book a romantic getaway with your hubby.
3. In your 20s, you gravitate toward a single's resort or ballin' single's cruise. In your 30s, you'll choose a destination that's more low-key and chill.
4. In your 20s, you want to make the most of every night and explore the lit bar/club scene. In your 30s, you want to kick back and relax with a bottle of vino at dinner, or in front of one of the fire pits at the resort.
5. In your 20s, you're all about the adventurous excursions — skydiving, cliff jumping and jet skiing… YES, PLEASE. In your 30s, you're all for basking in the sun at the beach, or relaxing at the spa.
6. In your 20s, you put your expenses on the credit card, and have a spontaneous attitude. In your 30s, everything is planned out with an itinerary, and already payed for.
7. In your 20s, you're all about making new friends during your travels and going out with them at night. In your 30s, you may make small talk with another couple at dinner.
8. In your 20s, you drink wine and whatever's cheap. In your 30s, you do it up with prosecco, fancy cocktails and champagne.
9. In your 20s, you plan out meals to cook with your friends and order cheap takeout. In your 30s, you go out pretty much every night and order room service, complete with mimosas on the balcony.
10. In your 20s, you get dropped off at the airport. In your 30s, you take a limo in style.
11. In your 20s, you leave with a lot of laughs, inside jokes and maybe even some numbers from hotties you met. In your 30s, you leave with adorable family pictures, and/or sweet memories with your significant other.
12. In your 20s, you use public transportation and Ubers while you're on vacation. In your 30s, you'll rent a car… maybe even a sick convertible.
Needless to say, if you're in your 20s… the time is NOW to start checking off places on your bucket list.
Sure, there's more time in your life to travel, too, but why not start now and live it up with the squad?