I've come to the drastic conclusion unicorns will be taking over the world in 2017.
Why? Because unicorns are everywhere, my friends.
They're sneakily making their ways into our lattes, they're turning our ramen blue and they're sweetening up our milkshakes. Heck, they're transforming hairdos from drab to unicorn-fab (horn included).
Thanks to unicorn bark, the mystical creatures are even making their way onto our breakfast plates to make our mornings magical.
Isn't it the prettiest snack you've ever seen?
Surprisingly, unicorn bark is healthy AF, and you won't have to feel guilty about munching on a piece or two in the morning.
Although it looks sugary as can be, the bark only includes three main ingredients: fruit, yogurt and honey.
The recipe I'm about to share with you via Pop Sugar was created by Laura Brodie at Flower Child Health, and it's super simple to make.
Before you embark on your unicorn bark, you're going to need to pick up the following:
- 125 grams blueberries
- 1 mango, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 800 grams Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons raw unsweetened coconut
Once you fill up your shopping bag with these ~magical~ ingredients, hit the kitchen and start concocting your colorful morning snack.
1. Add 1/2 cup of blueberries to a bowl.
2. Dice your mango up and put it in a different bowl.
3. You guessed it: Cup up your strawberries and throw 'em in a bowl, too.
4. Microwave each fruit separately for 90 seconds, then stir those babies up.
5. Add 1 cup of Greek yogurt to the fruit.
6. Get your honey out and add 1 tablespoon to each bowl.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Alright, now that you have your fruit prepared, it's time to get to the fun (and colorful) part of the snack.
8. Now, go to town and layer the yogurts to your heart's desire.
Channel your inner-unicorn.
9. Take a knife (or any long, pointy object) to marbleize your yogurt.
10. Finish it off with a sprinkle of some coconut flakes.
11. Cover it with plastic wrap and freeze it for two hours.
12. Voila! You're finished making unicorn bark!
For a more detailed step-by-step on how to make your bark, check out a video made by PopSugar displayed on its website.
I can't imagine a better way to start my morning than slicing a piece of this beaut and indulging in it's fruity goodness, don't you agree?
Happy eating, magical ones.