Moms are the real superheroes of this world. They take care of you when you need them the most, they have the best hugs and advice, they will continue to support you when you're trying to figure out your career path, and they will do it all while making you smile. Honestly, you could go on praising your mother all day long, but Mother’s Day puns are straight-to-the-point and hilarious ways to show how much you care on the big day. In addition to planning a special celebration, you plan on posting an Instagram pic or two of you and your mom to show off how much you love her. A good Insta post is never complete without a good caption, which is where a funny Mother's Day pun will come in handy.
Of course, puns can be cheesy AF, but they are the good kind of cheesiness that makes people laugh out loud. You can't help but to smile when you see a good pun, just like you can't help but to grin from ear to ear when your mom walks into the room. Puns and moms are so beloved that it just makes sense to use a witty Mother’s Day quote when trying to describe how much you love your mom.
Not only can these 40 mom-inspired puns be used for your Insta caption, but you can send them to your mom directly in a text, card in the mail, or attached to a bouquet of flowers you send her. You've really hit the jackpot with a mom-umental mother who deserves all the love you have to give on this special day, so it’s time to start showing her.
1. "Mom, there's no otter like you."
2. "I just wanted to let you know, you did a grape job raisin me."
3. "I'm proud to be y'orchid."
4. "Sorry if this is cheesy, but you're a grate mom."
5. "Thank you for doing my laundry for so many years. I love you loads and loads."
6. "Every time my mom does my laundry, that’s when I know that I’ve truly hit the mother lode."
7. "Today, we celebrate a mom-mentous occasion."
8. "All my favorite moments are actually mom-ents, because you were in them."
9. "To me, you're pearfect."
10. "Mom, I doughnut know what I would do without you."
11. "You're a koala-ty mom."
12. "I want to get the maxi-mom time with you today and every day."
13. "Mom, you make my world butter just by being in it."
14. "It’s truly mum-believable how talented you are."
15. "Mom, thank you for these awesome jeans."
16. "You otter know, there's no mom better than you."
17. "Thank you for being the most egg-cellent mom."
18. "Mom, you can't be beet."
19. "Mom, you're one in a melon."
20. "Pinkies up with my bes-tea."
21. "Mom, you're tea-riffic.”
22. "Yoda best, Mom. Love you I do."
23. "Not a daisy goes by that I don't think of you."
24. "Dear Mom, why yes, I would like some cheese with that whine."
25. "Happy Mother’s Day to the Lorelai to my Rory. Where you lead, I will follow."
26. "Mom, I love being your avo-kiddo."
27. "Whisking you an egg-cellent Mother’s Day."
28. "Mom, you're sew amazing."
29. "When it comes to parental love and support, I really hit the mother lode with you."
30. "Thanks for all the mom-umental work you did to raise me."
31. "Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who provided me womb and board all those years ago."
32. "Mom, you're proseccond to none."
33. "I hope you have a mom-mentous Mother's Day."
34. "You are opti-mum."
35. "You played a mom-umental role in my life, and for that, I thank you."
36. "Somehow, you always know how I’m feeling and what I’m thinking. You must be mom-nicient."
37. "You're a souper mom."
38. "You’re a pho-nomenal mom."
39. "You da mom!"
40."Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for pudding up with me."
This article was originally published on