36 Captions For Mermaid Costume & A Magical Instagram Post
The world is your oyster, and you are the pearl. At least, that's the #mood you’re trying to channel when you dress up like a mermaid this year for Halloween. You may show off your scaly tail on social media, along with your besties who are a friendly flounder or a pretty sassy crab. One of these captions for mermaid costume pics will take your post from something average to totally sun-kissed and magical. In fact, it’ll upgrade your next post so much that your loyal followers will be wondering how to make their own moments sparkle.
You’ll happily reply to them in the comments, and give them some tips and tricks. You may say, "It's quite simple, as long as you have a tail and a few good tides." (Oh, is that how it's done?) You may also tell everyone to embrace their true colors — their personality and their passions — because it’ll naturally radiate into the world. For some of your friends embracing themselves this time of the year may mean dressing up like their favorite sitcom character, or putting on the ‘80s outfit they’ve always dreamed of wearing.
Since day one, you've always been a mermaid at heart. So, you’ll be covering yourself in glitter and rocking a seashell bra, too. Let your mermaid costume shine on social media, and pick out one of these 36 magical captions for your next post. It may be a costume that’s a little overrated to some, but it’ll never go out of style and your post will surely make some magical waves on the ‘gram.
1. "There's a million fish in the sea, but I'm a mermaid."
2. "I washed up like this."
3. "Mermaid kisses and starfish wishes."
4. "Shell we dance?"
5. "Salty, but sweet."
6. "Catch me by the sea."
7. "I've got a resting beach face."
8. "We've got no troubles, life is the bubbles." — "Under the Sea" by Samuel E. Wright
9. "Happiness comes in salt water."
10. "Mermaids don't lose sleep over the opinions of a shrimp."
11. "I'm done adulting. Let's be mermaids."
12. "Be a mermaid and make waves."
13. "I'm getting tired of waking up and not being at the beach."
14. "Blood type: coconut oil."
15. "Sorry, mermaids only."
16. "Live by the sea, love by the moon."
17. "Just a bunch of ocean lovers."
18. "Who says that my dreams have to stay just my dreams?" — Ariel, The Little Mermaid
19. "Now you know that mermaids are real."
20. "You wish, jellyfish."
21. "Life is tricky, babe. Stay in your magic."
22. "Run wild, my ocean child."
23. "Girls just want to be mermaids."
24. "We mermaid for each other."
25. "Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. "Let's go somewhere where the stars kiss the ocean."
27. "All I see is magic and mermaids."
28. "She was everything real in a world of make-believe." — Atticus
29. "She was made of sunlight and salt water."
30. "Stars got tangled in her hair, and she sparkled like a mermaid."
31. "Be right back. Quitting everything to be a full-time mermaid."
32. "She is a mermaid on dry land, and the world is her ocean." — J. Iron Word
33. "Sun-kissed every season of the year."
34. "Always be yourself. Unless you can be a mermaid, then always be a mermaid."
35. "Paradise found."
36. "See you on the next wave."
This article was originally published on