Break out the green, grab a Shamrock Shake, and put that party hat on, because St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner. You can’t wait to don the best green and gold outfit at the paddy and make a fresh batch of Baileys brownies. For the occasion, you’ll want to have some funny captions for St. Patrick's Day on hand for whatever comes your way. Perhaps your plans consist of hanging out with your best friends and watching a few movies fit for the occasion. Maybe you're heading to a parade or simply enjoying a few festive treats and a green beer. Whatever your game plan is, having a few captions on hand will make posting your festive pics even easier.
A good caption is what can take a stellar pic from likable to worthy of any pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. The only dilemma is coming up with the perfect words on the spot. You may even fall into the trap when you get stumped of saving your picture in your drafts until the words come to you. The only problem is you don't have that kind of time. St. Patrick's Day is only on March 17, so prep in advance.
Consider yourself as lucky as a four-leaf clover, because these 35 funny captions have been collected just for you. That way, you can take a ton of shamrockin' good selfies with your crew when you're celebrating this St. Patrick's Day, and not have a care in the world about posting them as soon as possible.
1. "Irish you the best St. Patrick's Day ever."
2. "Warning: If you pinch me, I will pinch back."
3. "Felt lucky, might drink a green beer later."
4. "Who needs luck when I'm so charming."
5. "I'm not lucky — I'm #blessed."
6. "Zero lucks given today."
7. "Don’t press your luck with me."
8. "Irish I was a little bit taller. Irish I was a baller."
9. "Repeat after me, ‘I leprechaun have it all.’"
10. "Keep calm and leprechaun on."
11. "Turn up the Taylor Swift, because I’m ready to shamrock shake it off."
12. "Warning: I may be prone to shenanigans."
13. "Did someone say shenanigans?"
14. "If anyone asks, just say the leprechauns made you do it."
15. "Today, I have a leprechaun do attitude."
16. "On St. Patrick's Day, we wear green."
17. "Don't you a-green that I look fab today?"
18. "Just remember, it ain’t over till it’s clover."
19. "Lean with it. Shamrock with it."
20. "The paddy don't start till I walk in."
21. "Tying up this day in a nice rainbow."
22. "Feeling over the rainbow today."
23. "Shamrockin' and rolling up to the parade like..."
24. "I've lepre-gone out with my friends. Be back soon."
25. "I'm Dublin over with laughter."
26. "My best friend is the 'she' to my 'nanigans.'"
27. "I’m so lucky to have friends like you. Don’t you a-green?"
28. "I shamrock and you roll with it."
29. "My outfit is clearly shamrockin' this St. Patrick's Day."
30. "My phone just autocorrected 'St. Patrick's Day' with 'St. Party's Day,' and I went with it."
31. "Lucky AF."
32. "I’m ready to back that lass up.”
33. "Can't pinch this."
34. "So, we're all in a-green-ment today."
35."I'm Dublin the fun on St. Patrick's Day."
This article was originally published on