This Halloween, you plan on having a costume that is truly out of this world. No, seriously — you plan on going as an alien. Since we have yet to discover any otherworldly neighbors, this is the perfect costume idea to let your celestial creativity shine. Whether you go as a glamorous martian in a silver jumpsuit or an adorable little green man, you’ll need some captions for alien costumes to make your posts interstellar.
From TV shows like Roswell, New Mexico to movie franchises like Star Wars, you have so many aliens to choose from. If you’re a Disney lover, your idea of an alien is the “eternally grateful” toys from Toy Story. Get a whole toy box crew together with your roomies, and use one of their infamous lines from the movie for your group pic caption. Another iconic alien is the one Britney Spears channels in her “Oops!... I Did It Again” music video. Get yourself a red jumpsuit like the one she wore in the video, and pair it with some combat boots. Then, learn the choreography for an epic Instagram Reel.
A simple and cute couples costume is E.T. and Elliott from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. One of you can wrap yourself up in a blanket, while the other wears a red zip-up hoodie. Though, if makeup is where you really shine, try a galaxy lewk. Record yourself doing a cool transition video for a makeup reveal Reel.
Whether you planet ahead of time or not, you can be prepared for Halloween with any of these 30 alien costume captions to use with your unbelievable snaps.
1. "I come in peace. [peace sign hand emoji]"
2. "E.T. phone home." — E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
3. "My heart is racing to you like a rocket." — Yellowcard, "Rocket"
4. "Take me to your leader."
5. "Don’t stop believing.” — Journey, “Don’t Stop Believin’”
6. "I need some space."
7. "I'm out of this world."
8. "Sorry, I don’t speak human.”
9. "Avocado this world."
10. "Thank you for believing in me."
11. "Always look up. You never know. You might see a UFO."
12. "Oops, I did it again." — Britney Spears, "Oops, I Did It Again"
13. "I must confess I still believe. Still believe." — Britney Spears, "...Baby One More Time"
14. "Get in, loser. We’re going for a space drive.”
15. "The truth is out there." — The X-Files
16. "Oh darling, can't you see? I'm an alien and you are just a human to me." — Conny Cernik
17. "Don't be so hard on yourself. The mom in E.T. had an alien living in her house for days, and didn't notice."
18. "You're my favorite human."
19. "When I was a kid, I always hoped the alien who found my balloon was happy."
20. "Houston, we have a problem." — Apollo 13
21. "I don't believe... in humans."
22. "You have saved our lives. We are eternally grateful." — Toy Story 2
23. "To infinity and beyond." — Toy Story
24. "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." — Arthur C. Clarke
25. "They mostly come out at night. Mostly." — Aliens
26. "Too alien for Earth. Too human for outer space."
27. "Keep calm. They're only aliens."
28. "I will not give up on us. Even when the aliens come."
29. "Thor was an alien."
30."In space, no one can hear you scream." — Alien
This article was originally published on