28 Birthday Captions For Yourself That'll Make Your 'Gram Radiate With Good Vibes
Word on the street is that it's your birthday, which typically means a few things. First, it means that your best friends might fill your room with balloons and confetti. Your partner may put up signs in your kitchen that say, "Cheers to you," and "Cake, please," and wake you up with a cupcake that has a candle in it. You could also end up getting a free drink at the coffee shop down the road. One of the most likely things to happen, though: You'll post a picture of yourself on Instagram. For those posts, you definitely need some birthday captions for yourself that'll radiate with good vibes.
Technically, you don't have to post a selfie on social media. Your accounts and your feeds are entirely what you want them to be and what you make of them. But you might love putting a #lit selfie on Instagram on your birthday, because it marks the start of something new. It may show how much you’ve grown in the past year, and serve as a reminder to yourself of what you’re choosing to focus on now — affirmations you want to keep in mind and manifest daily, or simple goals like, "Celebrate everything."
Are you with me? If so, then it's time to start preparing your post. It's time to find a picture in your camera roll where you're truly glowing, or take one in the spirit of making way for all the new. Then it's time to pick out one of these 28 birthday captions for yourself that'll spread the good vibes on your ‘gram.
1. "I wonder what's going to happen next."
2. "It's my birthday, so I'm celebrating everything."
3. "A year older, a year bolder."
4. "On this day, a queen was born."
5. "I'm wearing the smile my birthday gave me."
6. "Selfies, kisses, and lovely birthday wishes."
7. "Follow the call of the disco ball."
8. "Doughnut crush my vibes on my birthday."
9. "Stay in your birthday magic."
10. "Going with the idea that nothing can stop me this year."
11. "My good vibes speak for themselves."
12. "Girls just wanna have fun." — Cyndi Lauper, "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"
13. "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." — E.E. Cummings
14. "It's not all sunshine and rainbows, but a good amount of it actually is."
15. "There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy."
16. "No one is you and that is your biggest power." — Dave Grohl
17. "I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring." — David Bowie
18. "Be in love with your life, every minute of it."
19. "Sunshine and birthday wishes on my mind."
20. "Vibin' and thrivin'."
21. "Wishing on candles and chasing my dreams."
22. "Follow your birthday bliss."
23. "Yes, queen."
24. "It's my birthday and that's the tea."
25. "Hip, hip, hooray."
26. "Enjoy life, eat confetti cake."
27. "Cue the confetti."
28. "Happy birthday to me."
This article was originally published on