Something you look forward to every year is traveling home to see your family for Thanksgiving. You daydream about the turkey and side dishes your parents will make, think of all the games you'll play with your nieces and nephews, and start to brainstorm ideas of how to spice up the usual pumpkin pie you bake every year. You're constantly taking photos because it might be one of the few times a year when your whole family is together, so you're in need of captions for when you're home for Thanksgiving.
Visiting your family for the holidays is special, but it may not be all sunshine and roses the whole time. You might still have some friendly sibling disagreements — like whose stuffing recipe is better — and your aunt may ask you why you're single. But no matter what happens, these are the family moments you wouldn't change for the world, and for those reasons, you're always more than happy to come home.
You brave the high flight prices and the long security lines at the airport, all for the smile that pops up on your face when you see your parents turn the corner to come pick you up from the airport. After all, that's what Thanksgiving is all about: being happy to spend time with the people who matter most.
1. "It doesn't matter how old I am. I'll always have a spot at the kids table on Thanksgiving."
2. "There is always something to be grateful for." — Rhonda Byrne
3. "Gratitude is the best attitude."
4. "What if, today, we were just grateful for everything?" — Charlie Brown
5. "I yam so happy to be home for Thanksgiving."
6. "The turkey isn't the only thing that's stuffed today."
7. "Stressed, blessed, and pumpkin spice-obsessed."
8. "Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays." — Perry Como, "(There's No Place Like) Home For The Holidays"
9. "At this point, my bloodstream is just cranberry sauce and turkey stuffing."
10. "The tur-key to my heart is Mom's sweet potato casserole."
11. "Here for the food and family time."
12. "Cook, parade, dog show, eat, sleep, movie, leftovers, sleep."
13. "Today, my occupation is couch potato."
14. "Autumn skies and pumpkin pies."
15. "Thank you for the food before us, the family beside us, and the love between us."
16. "Give thanks with a grateful heart." — 1 Thessalonians 5:18
17. "The secret of having it all is knowing you already do."
18. "Let our lives be full of both thanks and giving."
19. "Grateful for small things, big things, and everything in between."
20. "No matter how many times I come home for Thanksgiving, nothing really prepares me for the questions from my extended family."
21. "It isn't so much what's on the table that matters, as what's on the chairs." — W.S. Gilbert
22. "Beyond grateful for the people sitting at this table."
23. "I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual." — Henry David Thoreau
24. "Thankful for my family today and every day."
25. "Gobble gobble."