24 Texts To Send Your Mom On Mother's Day That Are Perfect If You're Long-Distance
With Mother's Day right around the corner, you want to get everything ready to shower your mom with all the love. She is your BFF, after all, and deserves the entire world. If you live long-distance, start the day by drafting some texts to send your mom on Mother’s Day, so she wakes up to some seriously sweet words. Just because you can't physically be there, that doesn't mean you can't still make her day extra special. You just have to think outside the box when it comes to surprises.
Maybe you planned to send her a pretty box of cupcakes or a bouquet of her favorite flowers, but you never know with delivery windows if your gift will arrive on time. A text in the morning — followed up with a FaceTime or phone call — is the perfect way to guarantee your mom will feel all the love without delay. But alas, coming up with a well-written text can be pretty difficult.
If left to your own devices, you’d probably write a five-paragraph essay on why your mom is the best mama bear in the world. She’d love every single minute of it, and you can totally go that route. But, if you want to send her something short and sweet, try any of these cute Mother’s Day texts. There are texts that are so funny that they’ll make your mom smile, and some that are as sweet as chocolate-covered strawberries. You could even use some of these as captions for your Insta post dedicated to her later on. Either way, she’ll appreciate every bit of it, just like you appreciate the heck out of her.
1. "Thanks a bunch for being the greatest mom in the world. I'm so happy to be y'orchid. [insert all the flower emojis]"
2. "Hey mom, you did a grape job raisin me."
3. "Mom, I know I’ll never be lost when you’re around, because you know how to find anything. Love you."
4. "Guess whooo loves you. Owl do! [insert owl emoji]"
5. "You've been a mom-umental mom. Happy Mother's Day!"
6. "Happy Mother's Day to a mom who's not just a regular mom, you're a cool mom."
7. "Thank you for my favorite pair of mom genes."
8. "Mom, you’re mum-believable."
9. "The best compliment I could receive is, ‘You’re turning into your mother.’"
10. "I'm sending you a hug. It's a virtual one. Let me know when you get it."
11. "Mom, I just wanted to say something that I know you’ve been waiting years to hear: You were right."
12. "Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart."
13. "Distance means so little when you mean so much to me, mom."
14. "Mom, you've always been a star to me. I may not always see you, but I know you're always there. [insert star emojis]"
15. "Have the best day ever, because I said so."
16. "Just know that home will always be where you are, mom."
16. "Raising me took a lot of patience. Thanks for hanging in there."
17. "Happy Mother's Day from the luckiest kid in the world."
18. "Mom, you’re so good at your job. I’m awesome."
19. "Thank you for being the glue that holds this family together."
20. "I know a lot of people will be saying it today, but you are actually the greatest mom in the world."
21. "Out of all the moms in the world, I'm the luckiest because you're mine."
22. "They say your mother is your first friend, but thank you for being my forever friend as well."
23. "You'll always be the Lorelai to my Rory. Let's watch 'Gilmore Girls' next time I'm home."
24. "Who needs the 'Avengers' when I've always had you as my super mom."
This article was originally published on