We've all been there. Somehow you've managed to take the perfect holiday photo. The framing is just right, the lighting captures all the good angles, everyone seems legitimately happy, there's the right balance of candid and planned-ness, and — OMG! — the cat honestly looks like its smiling. But the pressure's on. Now you have to caption this masterpiece. #HappyHolidaze? "It's the most wonderful time of the year"? #XmasMarksTheSpot? I don't know, you think. Those just won't do. That's where Love Actually quotes come in. The beloved holiday ensemble comedy is pretty much fodder for all your creative captioning needs.
Love Actually has become a bonafide Christmas classic since it was released in 2003. If you're a fan, I'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess and say that you've watched it already this year. The entire film is brimming with warm and cozy quotes about love and the holidays and, well, being in love during the holidays. Memorable movies were made for repeating over and over again. Now's your chance.
1. "It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it’s not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it’s always there."
This quote works for a multitude of situations. You and your SO under a tree. You and your SO taking a romantic stroll in the snow. You and your SO at Target buying toilet paper. Doesn't matter. It's also a really nice sentiment if you get a cute family pic at some point. If they're on Instagram, they'll be touched.
2. "I'll just be hanging around the mistletoe, waiting to be kissed."
This one's pretty self-explanatory and straightforward.
3. "But for now, let me say, without hope or agenda, to me you are perfect."
Awwww. Expressing your lovey-dovey feelings through words can be exhausting. Let screenwriters do the work and you get gems like this. The quote can also be attached to pretty much anything you are fond of. Your boyfriend or girlfriend. A piece of pumpkin pie. Season 2 of Stranger Things.
4. "Well, we need Kate and we need Leo and we need them now."
If you're cozing (it's a verb I made up, you get it) on the couch during your holiday downtime and you've captured that comfy movie-watching vibe, you're covered. Titanic is coming to Hulu in December, by the way. Just sayin.'
5. "I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes. Christmas is all around me. And so the feeling grows."
The entire "Christmas Is All Around" song is perfectly acceptable to use all season long.
6. "Life is full of interruptions and complications."
Yeah, yeah. If you want to be deep, go ahead. TBH, we often try to block this storyline out of our mind because it's so upsetting. Why can't she just get Karl in the end? Is that too much to ask?!
7. "When I was young and successful, I was greedy and foolish, and now I'm left with no one. Wrinkled and alone."
Do you have a pug or hairless cat you can snap a pic of? This quote was literally made for that moment.
8. "It's the saddest part of my day, leaving you."
Sure, you could utilize this tender line to show how much you're going to miss your beloved, even if you're just going to run errands for 3 hours. That's how Instagram works. Or you could apply it to a photo of a fridge full of Thanksgiving leftovers, because that's true love right there.
9. "All I want for Christmas is you."
We have Mariah Carey to thank for this one. It's become the ultimate declaration of holiday affection.
10. "If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."
It has the title of the movie in it so people will definitely get the reference. And it's just a lovely concept to keep us warm throughout the season. *Hits like immediately*