The holidays are meant for reuniting with your loved ones. Unfortunately, this year may not allow for that. Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, many are missing out on the usual holiday festivities with their friends, family, or in this case, partners. That means, even if you and your SO usually hold hands while walking through the snow together or kiss under the mistletoe, you may be forced to go the long-distance route this time around. To help you two get through the blues, you could post a cute pic with your bae, along with one of these captions for missing your partner over the holidays, to let them know just how much you love them.
In a perfect world, you would be with all of your loved ones this time of year. But unless you live in the same household, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends canceling all in-person get-togethers, or making them virtual, as noted by their guidelines for holiday celebrations, updated on Dec. 11, 2020. If only you had Santa's sleigh, so traveling all over could be a quick, easy, and safe process. Until that happens, show your partner some love on the 'gram with these captions for missing your love this Christmas:
1. "All I want for Christmas is you." — Mariah Carey, "All I Want for Christmas Is You"
2. "Santa, can you hear me? I have been so good this year, and all I want is one thing. Tell me my true love is near." — Britney Spears, "My Only Wish (This Year)"
3. "Santa, can I borrow your sleigh? I'm missing my bae."
4. "If you're not underneath my Christmas tree this year, I'll be upset."
5."Looking forward to NYE 2021 together."
6. "I wish I could be cuddling with you."
7. "Every time you see a Christmas light, I hope you think of me."
8. "Christmas just won't be the same without you."
9. "I'll have a blue Christmas without you." — Elvis Presley, "Blue Christmas"
10. "You are my most cherished Christmas present, and you're not even here."
11. "Your presents is requested under my tree."
12. "It's snow fun without you here."
13. "I can't sleigh without my bae."
14. "There's snow place I'd rather be than with you."
15. "I can deal with coal in my stocking, but missing you is where I draw the line."
16. "I'm avoiding all mistletoe until we're reunited."
17. "At least I have Christmas cookies to make missing you easier."
18. "Walking in a winter wonderland just isn't the same without you to hold my hand."
19. "You're the holly to my jolly."
20. "Christmas is great, but it would be tree-mendous with you here."
21. "When we're back together, that will be the greatest Christmas gift ever."
22. "I'm getting Santa-mental just thinking about you."
23. "Yule are my fire."
24. "Swapping out my Christmas countdown for a countdown to our reunion."
25. "Where's my knight before Christmas?"
26."We're simply meant to be." — The Nightmare Before Christmas
This article was originally published on