E! News

First DeMario 'Bachelor In Paradise' Interview Clip Is So Emotional

DeMario Jackson is opening up about the Bachelor in Paradise sexual assault allegations in an emotional new interview.

His three-part interview on what really happened between him and Corinne Olympios and the aftermath of the investigation will air on E! News at 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET on June 26 and June 27.

In a preview for the interview, DeMario, 30, is seen getting emotional as he talks about the toll this took on him and his family, particularly his mom.

Talking with E! News' Melanie Bromley, DeMario said,

It was stressful. For me, mostly for my mother.

Getting teary, he continued,

It's hard to see your mom cry every single day... it was very difficult. My grandmother and my aunts... my dad he kept me extremely strong and he kept me grounded and humble, but having your mom cry every day for something that you know you didn't do...

It was previously reported DeMario wishes to speak to Corinne to set the record straight, but he does not plan on reaching out himself.

Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty ImagesABC

Elite Daily reached out to DeMario's team for a comment, but did not hear back by time of publication.

Last week, Warner Bros. concluded its investigation into the allegations of sexual misconduct and released the following statement:

As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.

ABC also told Elite Daily,

We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise. Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.

Filming of Season 4 of BIP was initially canceled and contestants sent home while the network investigated. Following that news, Corinne told TMZ,

I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.

Shortly after, DeMario released his own statement denying the allegations:

It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.
ABC

After Warner Bros. reviewed the tapes and found no evidence of sexual misconduct, Corinne's lawyer, Martin Singer, told ET,

It needs to be made crystal clear that production of Bachelor in Paradise was shut down because of multiple complaints received from BIP producers and crew members on the set. It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone. It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal investigation, would state that no wrongdoing had occurred. Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.

Filming of the show is reportedly starting back up this week, but it does not look like DeMario or Corinne will be returning.

To see the rest of DeMario's interview, tune in to E! News tonight at 7 pm ET.