Bachelor Nation Reacts To 'Bachelor In Paradise' Suspension
Bachelor in Paradise has been suspended indefinitely in response to allegations of "misconduct" on set, according to Entertainment Tonight.
The show had just started filming (some cast members hadn't even arrived for their first days on set) when two contestants reportedly behaved in a way that has now been labeled as "misconduct in the workplace." ET reports the incident allegedly took place between Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson.
Update: On June 14, DeMario Jackson gave E! Online the following statement about the Bachelor in Paradise suspension and claims about his involvement:
It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.
Corinne also released a statement to TMZ on Wednesday. She said:
I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.
Earlier: A source reportedly told ET:
DeMario was in the pool. Next thing you know, Corinne comes over and hops on his lap. They start talking and joking … Everyone is just going about their business. Cameras are rolling. Producers are everywhere. That's when a 'third party' felt uncomfortable, claiming misconduct in the workplace. As of right now, production of Paradise is suspended indefinitely. And they are sending everyone home and telling everyone else to stay home.
Elite Daily reached out to both contestants' teams and ABC for comment, but did not hear back by the time of publication. Warner Bros. gave the following statement to Elite Daily:
We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.
And now, the other Bachelor in Paradise contestants are responding.
Many Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 cast members retweeted this tweet from Raven Gates:
In addition to reacting to the show's news, the Season 4 contestants have been tweeting memories from their time together.
Some of the contestants, like Derek Peth, have been tweeting back and forth with fans, who have been reaching out with questions and comments about the news.
Contestants from previous seasons of Bachelor in Paradise, The Bachelor, and The Bachelorette have also been responding to the news.
Former Bachelor contestant Olivia Caridi (Ben Higgins' season) had fellow castmate and Bachelor in Paradise alum Lace Morris on her podcast to talk about the news.
There is no confirmation on whether the show is canceled for good, but some sources believe it is.
TV writer Reality Steve, who has close connections to the Bachelor universe, believes the show has been "basically cancelled." However, neither ABC nor Warner Bros. have confirmed these reports.