With Halloween creeping near, the one thing everyone's asking is, "What are you going to be this year?" The question gets harder and harder, and most of us are too lazy or busy to even try nowadays. In the past, I've definitely thrown together last-minute costumes from whatever was in my closet at the time. The one way to make a last-minute costume look planned out is by having some awesome makeup. When your face looks fierce, you'll want some clever captions for Halloween makeup when you post that selfie to the 'Gram.
Now is truly the time to be alive for lazy people who just don't have the energy. When you have YouTube tutorials at your fingertips, you don't have plan out an elaborate costume that costs way too much for one night of fun. Grab your favorite leather jacket and black dress, then take your witch look up a notch with a smokey eye and dark lipstick. You also don't need to do the whole traditional cat whiskers with an eyeliner pencil anymore. There are tons of really great cat-eye looks that will have you feline fab in just about no time.
When you're looking that good, a selfie is necessary. Use any of these 50 makeup captions for your Halloween Instagram post:
1. "With a good makeup brush, anyone can be an artist."
2. "May your pumpkin spice latte be hot, and your eyeliner be even."
3. "May your Halloween be as on point as your makeup."
4. "The only drama that I enjoy is in my lashes."
5. "Makeup is not a mask. Makeup is art. Makeup is passion. Makeup is expression."
6. "If you've got it, haunt it."
7. "Looking and feeling un-boo-lievable."
8. "Witch, please. I look great."
9. "Wake up and makeup."
10. "Get it ghoul."
11. "To be honest, this year I'm just winging it with my costume."
12. "I'm a mouse, duh." — Mean Girls
13. "Ghouls just wanna have fun."
14. "Bat those lashes."
15. "Hello gourdgeous."
16. "I'm feeling boo-tiful."
17. "This year, I'm a Hallow-Queen."
18. "I'm late to the party, mostly because of liquid eyeliner."
19. "I like my eyelashes as black as the night."
20. "Brow down witches."
21. "Trick or treat yourself."
22. "Makeup is my art."
23. "I came. I saw. I contoured."
24. "I'm batty for you."
25. "People will stare. Make it worth their while." — Harry Winston
26. "Fangs for the memories."
27. "I witch you a Happy Halloween."
28. "Too glam to give a damn."
29. "Only a little bit batty."
30. "Witch better have my lipstick."
32. "It's my ultimate goal to have eyelashes full enough to fly me away from everyone's BS."
33. "I fought a killer and didn't even smudge my makeup." — Rose Pressey
34. "Eyebrows speak louder than words."
35. "I have a complicated relationship with my matte liquid lipstick and Halloween candy."
36. "A person is helpless only while their nail polish is drying."
37. "I told you I'll be ready in five minutes. Stop calling me every half hour."
38. "Just wing it. Life, eyeliner, everything."
39. "I would stop buying makeup, but I'm not a quitter."
40. "Eyebrow game? You think this is some kind of game?"
41. "I own way too much makeup for only having one face."
42. "All things are possible with coffee and mascara."
43. "Here's a scary story: My eyebrows three years ago."
44. "I believe that all women are pretty without makeup — but with the right makeup can be pretty powerful." — Bobbi Brown
45. "Without my makeup bag, I scare small children."
46. "Surround yourself with makeup, not negativity."
47. "I judge how well my day has gone by how much makeup I have left on at the end of the day."
48. "Never ask a person with perfect eyebrows why they're late."
49. "Put on some red lipstick and live a little."
50. "Someone once said, 'Dark lipstick makes you look intimidating.' To that I say, 'Good.'"
This article was originally published on