21 Texts To Send To Someone After You Hook Up For The First Time
Why is it always so weird to send that first message after sex? You'd think after you've seen their fun parts you'd be more relaxed, but no, it's actually even harder (pun intended). What is the post hookup text etiquette? Is it OK to reach out, or are you supposed to wait and let them make the first move? Waiting is definitely a viable option; it gives you a chance to gauge their interest, but it also means waiting around on someone else. And ain't nobody got time for that. So in that case, what are some texts to send that will actually walk that fine balance of not coming off as clingy, but let the person know you had fun and wouldn't mind a repeat performance?
After the first time I hooked up with my now partner, the text I sent them was something along the lines of, "More naked time? naked naked naked." What can I say? I'm a professional writer; these soliloquies just come to me. Ahem.
OK so it wasn't Dickinson, but it was well received. That's because, in my experience, the key to sending that first message after a night of fun is to keep it short, light, flirty, but direct. Does that sound overly complicated? I promise it doesn't have to be.
Here are 21 tried and tested post-hook-up texts for when you've got afterglow writer’s block.
It’s a classic. And we all know what that extra Y means.
2. Last night was really hot. I’d love to do that again.
There is nothing wrong with being direct and to the point. The key here is to keep it short and sweet.
3. Hey, thanks for the rides last night, that was fun. ;)
You can't go wrong with a quickly flirty text.
4. Round 2?
5. One(ish) word: mind-blowing. Thinking about when we're going to do that next... :)
Stroke that ego, if you want to stroke something else later.
6. I keep thinking about when you [fill in the blank]. Just thought you should know ;)
7. Had fun. Let's hang again soon.
Keep it light and breezy.
8. You up?
If you’re just looking for another hookup, then don’t be afraid to take the lead.
9. Damn homie… where’d you learn to do all that?
10. Yo, I’m not gonna lie… last night was impressive. Give yourself a round of applause.
11. Hey, I dont know what you’re up to tonight, but I’m gonna be at [bar, party, anything social]. You should come by!
If you want to see them again, this is a great casual way to make it happen without coming off like you don't have anything better to do. Because you literally do.
12. Congrats dude, you really know your way around the clitoris. Thumbs up!
13. Hey, I had a really great time with you last night. We should do it again some time soon. ;)
14. Who dis?
Because sometimes you just want to watch the world burn.
15. This gif:
16. Or this one:
Just kidding, don’t do that.
17. Hey thanks again for last night, you're really fun. :)
18. Nice work last night. You get an A for effort — and performance.
19. This is a super casual and chill text to say I had fun with you, and I'd like to see you again ;)
I mean, enough with the games already, am I right?
20. I kinda miss you already.
Obviously read the room before you send this. Did you feel a real connection? Are they a bit on the schmoopy side? Then go for it.
If you have the patience you can always just play it cool and let them reach out first.
Have a better idea of what to send after a hook up? Leave it in the comments.
Check out the entire Gen Why series and other videos on Facebook and the Bustle app across Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.
Check out the “Best of Elite Daily” stream in the Bustle App for more stories just like this!