If you grew up watching all of the Disney Channel Original Movies, you know that once fall rolls around, it's officially time to start watching Halloweentown. It’s become an October tradition, so make it as festive as possible this year. Plan a movie night with your roomies that includes spooktacular popcorn, lots of pumpkin decor, and of course, Halloweentown quotes for captions on Instagram when you want to post your fave snaps.
There’s so much to love about this DCOM classic, especially if you’re a major Halloween fanatic. From skeleton cab drivers to werewolf barbers, you’ve always dreamed of visiting a place like Halloweentown. If only you were a Cromwell witch like Marnie. Even though you don’t possess the magic that comes with being a witch, you do think “Halloween is cool,” and that’s why a movie night is necessary.
Just like the center of Halloweentown, you need to put together a pumpkin display for snapping pre-movie photos with your besties. Then, put together snacks like Halloween popcorn balls and pumpkin pie bites to enjoy during the film. Once you’ve got a cozy blanket fort set up to stream the movie, you can easily press play, thanks to Disney+.
Disney+ has all the movies from the series, like Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge as well. Plan an outdoor film festival where you watch all the Halloweentown movies back to back, or spread them out over the month. Whatever the plan may be, make sure you use a few of these 21 quotes from Halloweentown to caption your pics.
1. "Halloween is cool." — Marnie
2. "Being normal is vastly overrated." — Aggie Cromwell
3. "Magic is really very simple, all you've got to do is want something and then let yourself have it." — Aggie Cromwell
4. "Bubble, bubble, toil, and trouble." — Aggie Cromwell
5. "I've always said that the movies could teach us so much." — Aggie Cromwell
6. "How are we supposed to grow up if we're not allowed to go into the world, try new things, and take some risks?" — Marnie
7. "I wanna help you fight the bad thing!" — Sophie
8. "I'm getting that deja vu feeling again!" — Marnie
9. "I have my reasons, and I will explain them to you when you're… taller." — Gwen Piper
10. "I really want that cookie." — Sophie
11. "I mean, nobody around here really appreciates my taste in weird stuff." — Marnie
12. "You can't tell what's in a monster's heart just by looking at 'em. I mean, sometimes, some of the slimiest, raunchiest, ugliest little monsters turn out to be the nicest." — Aggie Cromwell
13. "Your only power was the power to keep us apart, and now you don't have that power anymore!" — Marnie
14. "I need someone who believes that anything is possible. Do you believe that?" — Marnie
15. "We call on the dreams of creature and mortal to heal the wounds the worlds divided. From now on we can each create a portal and each of us our own path decide." — The Cromwells
16. "Grandma hasn't taught me how to fly yet!" — Sophie
17. "We'll fly it out!" — Aggie Cromwell
18. "See you in the afterlife." — Benny
19. "So this world wide web I've heard about... Does it involve spiders?" — Aggie Cromwell
20. "Does anyone know where we can find a swamp?" — Dylan
21. "Wastrel youth of benighted hours, be thee vanquished by my powers!" — Gwen Piper
This article was originally published on