20 Witty Instagram Captions For Hiking, When You're Kickin' It With Your Birches
As the temps begin to cool off, it's time to round up your crew and go on a hike. This is the best kind of plan for friends who want to disconnect from the daily distractions of life, and reconnect with nature. You'll swoon over the most incredible sights — and you can't deny the Instagram opportunities waiting around every corner. You and your squad could be planning a camping trip for the fall, or it could be a romantic hiking date for you and bae (and your pups). Either way, you'll want some witty Instagram captions for hiking that you can bring along for the adventure.
Let's be honest: When you're ready to post that group shot of your crew posing amongst the foliage, you'll want your snap to stand out from other hiking pics on the 'Gram. (And when you're face-to-face with Mother Nature's beauty, it can be difficult to come up with the right words.) Lucky for you, any of these 20 clever captions will get the job done. Get ready to kick it with your birches for a day well spent.
1. "Sticking to the backcountry rivers, because they're less mainstream."
2. "Think outside. No box required."
3. "I don't get it. The trail looked so flat on the map."
4. "Never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost, and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that." — Ellen DeGeneres
5. "I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are."
6. "Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you." — Anne Lamott
7. "Let's wander where the WiFi is weak."
8. "If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet." — Rachel Wolchin
9. "May the forest be with you."
10. "Camping is not a date; it's an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home." — Yvonne Prinz
11. "There is no WiFi in the forest, but I promise you will find a better connection."
12. "Over the mountains and through the woods, down the river and up the valley, over the boulders and through the stream to nobody's house I go."
13. "Always take the scenic route."
14. "Hiking is my cardio."
15. "I just wanna kick it in the woods with my birches."
16. "It's all fun and games until you hear a twig snap behind you."
17. "I will go hiking here or there, I will go hiking everywhere."
18. "The hill looked hard at first, but I got over it."
19. "Someone told me to 'take a hike,' so I did."
20. "The view up here is breathtaking, and I know it's all downhill from here."
This post was originally published on Aug. 6, 2018. It was updated on Sept. 17, 2019.