In a perfect world, you and your partner would get to spend all your birthdays together. But maybe you're in a long-distance relationship, or you go to different colleges, or you're out of town on a business trip. Regardless of the reasons you can't be together on their birthday, you can still acknowledge the occasion with a gesture as small — but meaningful — as a quick message to let them know you're thinking of them. A birthday text to send your partner when you’re apart can go a long way if it expresses how you're feeling and what your partner means to you.
Good birthday messages are all about striking the right tone for both you and your partner. Is your partner moved by heartfelt sincerity? If so, don't hold back on the mushy stuff. If they're more comfortable with something a little less earnest, keeping your birthday text light and infusing it with a little humor is the best course of action. Or perhaps for you and your sweetie, birthdays are just another excuse to celebrate ~intimately~. Whatever the case, tailor your text to something that works best for you both. If you're not sure what to write, here are some suggestions to help you get started.
For When You’re Feeling A Little Mushy
1. Even though we can't be together today, just know that I’m sending you all my love, all day long. Happy birthday, babe. 🎂
2. No matter how far away you are today, you’re always in my heart. Happy birthday!
3. Happy birthday, babe! I hope your day is as special as you are to me. 🎉🎉🎉
4. Happy birthday! I wish I could be there to give you a big birthday kiss. But don’t worry, I’m banking them and I’ll make it up to you next time we’re together.
5. Happy birthday, love. I know we’re apart right now, but just know that I’ll be thinking about you and sending you happy birthday thoughts all day.
6. Happy birthday my love! The world is a better place with you in it.
If You Want To Keep It Light And Fun
7. Happy birthday, babe! I'd say I hope all your birthday wishes come true, but then hello, you already have me. 😜
8. I wish we were together today so that I could be (your) present. Happy birthday, babe.
9. Hey you, I just wanted to say that I’m so glad you were born! Happy birthday, cutie! 🎂😘
10. Being apart on your birthday really blows. But I still hope your day is amazing! (And include this GIF)
11. Happy birthday to my favorite person on the planet! I can't wait to spend the next year together!
12. Happy birthday, babe! I miss you but I hope you have an amazing day full of fun and presents — lots of presents! 🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁
For When You’re Feeling A Little Frisky
13. Happy birthday, gorgeous. I can't wait to see you again so that I can give you your birthday present…. Me! 😜
14. Happy birthday! I’m in bed thinking of all the ways we're going to celebrate your birthday next time you’re here.
15. Next time we’re together, I’m going to make all your birthday wishes come true. And I mean All 👏 Of 👏 Them 👏 Happy birthday, cutie!
At the end of the day, the most important thing about your partner's birthday text is that it conveys they’re in your thoughts and you wish them the best. Rest assured, they'll still have the happiest of birthdays, even when you can’t celebrate in person.