Daily Mail Video

Woman Sets Boyfriend's Bed On Fire, Trapped In Burning House

Everyone has his or her own way of dealing with anger.

A while back, we told you about a hot-headed man who was caught orange-handed after he tried to exact revenge on his ex by setting her house on fire with Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

Luckily, puffed cheese snacks don't make a very good fire accelerator, so no one was hurt during this incident.

However, one angry woman recently found herself in much more serious trouble after losing her cool during a heated argument with her boyfriend.

Yep. The woman, identified in reports by her last name, Xie, decided to get back at her boyfriend by fighting fire with fire.

It appears this irate girlfriend may have taken the meaning of this age-old saying a bit too literally, because she actually set her boyfriend's bed ablaze.

Daily Mail Video

After kindling a fire on bae's comforter, the amateur arsonist soon discovered she couldn't put out the flames.

If that's not bad enough, she also got locked inside her boyfriend's burning apartment.

Xie frantically called a friend for help, who got a locksmith to open the door, but the lock was damaged in the process and couldn't be opened.

Firefighters rushed to the blazing apartment located on the 30th floor of a building in Taizhou, China on December 20 at approximately 2:30 am.

Daily Mail Video

When the firefighters got up to the apartment, they found smoke seeping out of the apartment. However, they could not get the door open due to the broken lock.

According to Huanqiu.com, Xie had initially been screaming for help but could no longer be heard when firefighters arrived.

The quick-thinking firefighters grabbed their tools and cut down the door.

Daily Mail Video

Upon entering the apartment, they found the unconscious woman and brought her to safety.

Xie was immediately rushed to the hospital and is currently undergoing treatment for smoke inhalation in the intensive care unit.

Citations: Woman sets fire to boyfriend's bed after argument, but ends up trapped in burning apartment (The Straits Times)