This Guy's Tragic Injury Will Make You Never Want To Play With Sparklers Again


Fireworks are very confusing because they are both extremely fun and extremely dangerous, sometimes leading to horrifying accidents.

After all, there is a reason why they are illegal in many states: They're explosives.

Even sparklers, which we often let children hold, can cause terrible injuries. I am not making this up when I say that. Right now, I am literally typing with a painfully burned finger from mishandling a sparkler last night.

Tragically, on Saturday, a 15-year-old boy lost his left leg below the knee and possibly his eyesight during a sparkler accident. He and a friend had attempted to make a “sparkler bomb” consisting of 180 sparklers all strapped together.

There are videos all over YouTube showing how powerful sparkler bombs can be. They have charming titles like “HOW TO MAKE AN EXTREMELY AWESOME SPARKLER BOMB!” Despite the fact that a single sparkler alone is largely innocuous, when clumped together, they are terrifying.

Just because they put the word “sparkler” is in front of the word “bomb” does not stop it from being a bomb.

The boy's mother has implored parents to not let their children play with fireworks. Each year, accidents like this continue to happen all over the country.

The family has set up a GoFundMe page to try to raise money for the hospital expenses.