18 Things You Can Do Right Now To Ensure You Live A Life With No Regrets
If you live life with regrets, you'll pay the price later down the road.
When you settle down and start thinking about having a family with your SO, you don't want to look back on this stage of life and wonder about all the things you didn't do.
Having a mile-long list of regrets in life will end up driving you absolutely mad. And the worst part is, you can't rewind the clock... no matter how deep that desire is.
You want to reminisce on all the incredible experiences you made time for, as well as the beautiful memories that will forever leave a mark on your heart.
Sure, work and hectic schedules are so damn consuming during the week. But it's beyond important to make time for the things we really want to do, and not waste two seconds on the things we couldn't care less about.
Here are 18 things to do right now that will make you feel like you lived a life with no regrets:
1. Walk away from anyone or anything that's dragging you down.
Keeping anything that's toxic in your life will only negatively impact your world and hold you back from so many GOOD opportunities.
So, cleanse yourself of them.
This is the ultimate way to really learn so much more about yourself than you'll ever know.
3. Immerse yourself in as much volunteer work and community service as you can.
You're getting involved in something much bigger than yourself, and it will make you feel good inside.
4. Don't go a day without showing your loved ones how much you care about them.
Never take them for granted... because they won't be around forever.
5. Learn how to forgive and forget.
Holding grudges never helped anyone.
6. Conquer your fears.
If you don't do it now, you never will. Tackle them head-on, and don't let THEM be the boss of YOU.
If one of those fears is skydiving, go for it!
7. Embrace spontaneous plans as much as possible, and know when it's time to ditch the planner.
Not everything in life has to be planned out to a T. Some of the most exciting experiences you'll have will be the most unexpected.
8. Go on a yoga and meditation retreat in Bali.
Recharge, soak up the impeccable scenery and focus the mind, body and soul.
9. Aim for that one dream job you've always wanted.
Even if it's just for the heck of it.
10. Don't sit around looking for love. Let Mr. Right come by naturally.
Love will come into your life on its own terms. Don't force it to happen.
What's meant to be, will be.
11. Redecorate your apartment.
Have fun with it!
Check out estate sales and vintage shops for gems, and transform your space into the place you've always wanted it to be.
12. Go skinny dipping.
13. Take an insane number of pictures.
Grab your camera and snap away.
These awesome memories deserve to be documented, and looking at them will always make you smile.
14. Step away from social media... even if it's just for a day.
You may begin to see things differently.
15. Read self-help books... but don't forget the juicy beach reads.
There's nothing like an addictive read you can't seem to put down.
And why not read up on as many self-help tips as you can? You're only benefitting yourself.
16. Throw a themed birthday party.
Because they're freaking awesome, and the day is all about you.
17. Plan getaways with the girl squad.
Even if it's just a day trip to a winery near you, nothing beats fun plans with your main gals.
Don't take any free day for granted: Your friends may not all live close by forever.
18. Go on a Bloody Mary or wine road trip.
The boozy brunch lover in you DESERVES it.
Life has the tendency to creep up on us all. If you don't make time to embrace it to the highest degree, it'll pass you by. Then, you'll miss it.
There's no time like the present to live it up, travel often and do the things YOU want to do with #NoRegrets.