14 Things I Could Have Bought With The Extra $65 I Now Have To Pay ClassPass
Today, ClassPass, everyone's favorite unlimited fitness class service, announced that they're going to increase their New York City membership price from $125 to $190 for current members (and $200 for new ones).
And people are pissed.
I maintain ClassPass is an excellent service for everyone except ANYONE WITH A JOB, who are, unfortunately the only people who can afford it — Caro (@socarolinesays) April 27, 2016
ClassPass roped us in at $99/month, now wants to charge $190/month FOR THE EXACT SAME SERVICE https://t.co/QytMNdTzYs — Jenna //\\ Wortham (@jennydeluxe) April 27, 2016
Hell hath no fury like a @ClassPass user scorned. https://t.co/qggkJkPuPQ via @TheCut pic.twitter.com/bTMS75NRkz — Susan Rinkunas (@sueonthetown) April 27, 2016
Raise your hand if you've been personally victimized by #ClassPass. pic.twitter.com/WjUliEV8O5 — Meghan Hubert (@megagahubert) April 27, 2016
Living in New York City is already ridiculously expensive, so forcing New Yorkers to spend another $65 a month will destroy literally all of our lives. There are just SO many other things I wanted to spend that money on.
1. A sh*tload of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies from Levain Bakery
2. A bikini, eyebrow and lip wax at the European Wax Center
3. A 60-minute massage from Asia Tui-Na
5. Ten adult coloring books
6. That 28-day Fit Tea that all those celebs are using
7. A 20-minute psychic reading from Kim Allen
8. An Uber from Manhattan to Brooklyn when there's a price surge
9. A bottle of wine, a cheese platter and a pasta dish at Carroll Place
10. One therapy session from someone not covered by my insurance
11. A couple rounds of tequila shots for my friends at the bar
12. Seven tubes of Maybelline BB Cream from Duane Reade
13. Two gel manicures at any corner place
14. Unlimited sushi, beer and sake at Kumo Sushi
RIP a well-balanced life.