10 Times Lena Dunham Was Everyone's #WomanCrushWednesday
The fifth season of HBO’s “Girls” premieres in just a couple weeks, and fans are growing impatient for the return of Hannah, Jessa, Marnie and Shoshanna.
The series, created by all-around cool chick Lena Dunham, is one of the realest we’ve ever seen, and viewers are going to be at a loss when it comes to a bittersweet end following its sixth season.
Fortunately, we still have two seasons to go until that fateful moment. In honor of the show’s upcoming release, I’ve compiled a list of all the times creator Lena Dunham proved to be the ultimate #WCW.
Check them out below and tune in to “Girls” February 21 on HBO.
1. When she spoke out for women’s rights:
Thank you to all the radical chicks who joined @jennikonner & me to celebrate @plannedparenthood at #sundance (co-hosted by @refinery29.) Your voices have never mattered more, ladies #blessyou
2. When she rocked this ~glam~ fur coat:
Thank you to Jessica Kantor for getting a bitch all ready for Sundance AND for sending me the only pic that truly displays the mob wife glory of my @cliopeppiatt coat
3. When she got honest about mental health:
Can I live?
4. When she used her power to join the campaign trail (she's team #Hillary, if you can't tell):
Glorious snowy day with @hillaryforia (professional pic by my new potato chip source @mikedavidsondc...) Loved talking to Iowans about why I support Hillary, wearing my very special final stumping look of the trip, custom made and screen printed by @misskkrainbow
5. When she shared this perfect photo and made us wish “Girls” would never end:
Being with them creates the coziest sensation. Thank you, Entertainment Weekly, for getting genius Brigitte Lacombe to document the love.
6. When she proved every body is a “beach body”:
Not her natural habitat but she's trying her darnedest!!!
7. When she proudly let her freak flag fly:
super sad local news story: girl dies of shock after a confetti cannon erupts several feet away. underwear out. no one mourns.
8. When she opened up about her battle with endometriosis:
light n' flirty beach reading
9. When she wore a shirt covered in naked Lena Dunhams:
When you realize you've absentmindedly put on a shirt with your own naked body all over it...
10. When she proved she was the best BFF ever:
Sorry for the onslaught of these, but as I told @jennikonner I'm just so happy to have this pic for our grandkids. Best woman, best creative partner, source of strength & inspiration & laughter. I love you always Jenni