'Bachelor In Paradise' Corinne Breaks Social Media Silence Following Investigation
Corinne Olympios is back on social media after taking a bit of a hiatus following the Bachelor In Paradise scandal last month.
Corinne posted a selfie on her Snapchat story on July 3, using the filter that looks like a halo of stars. She didn't add any caption, but she did add a waving hand emoji in the top-right corner. Welcome back, Corinne!
She also posted this selfie on Instagram a day ago.
The caption was just a flower emoji, but she's lookin' happy in the pic!
Before this, the last thing Corinne tweeted back on May 30 was a photo of her among some of her merchandise.
(In case you didn't know, she has a line of Corinne-inspired merchandise following her popularity on Nick Viall's season of The Bachelor. Most of the merch includes quotes she said on the show.)
The tweet read, "New accessories drop tomorrow at teamcornshop.com."
Last month, Bachelor In Paradise abruptly halted filming due to a reported incident of sexual misconduct that happened while filming. The incident allegedly involved Corinne and DeMario Jackson.
Warner Bros. conducted an investigation into the incident, and its investigation did not reveal any concrete evidence that any sexual misconduct had taken place between Corinne and DeMario.
Warner Bros. said in a statement,
As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.
Corinne's lawyer released a statement following the results of the investigation saying,
It needs to be made crystal clear that production of Bachelor in Paradise was shut down because of multiple complaints received from BIP producers and crew members on the set. It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone. It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal investigation, would state that no wrongdoing had occurred. Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.
When the investigation was still underway, Corinne's first statement since the news broke said,
I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.
No charges have been filed, and production for Bachelor In Paradise will resume. The show is set to premiere this summer, and DeMario Jackson has reportedly been invited back, though TMZ reports he does not plan on returning.
Elite Daily reached out to Jackson's team to confirm, but did not hear back by time of publication.
Corinne, however, will not be returning to the show and has since spoken out about her return. She said in a statement,
In light of the overwhelming amount of misinformation that has been spread in the media, I want to clarify a few things. My intent over the past few weeks has been to learn and understand what happened on June 4. While I never filed complaints or accusations against anyone associated with Bachelor in Paradise,my team and I felt it was very important to be thorough in getting to the bottom of what had occurred. I felt victimized by the fact that others were judging me through conflicting and unsubstantiated reports, while I myself had no recollection of the events that transpired. My team's investigation into this matter has now been completed to my satisfaction. I am also happy about the changes that have been made to the production of Bachelor In Paradise. While I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to have been a participant on The Bachelor, and while I was invited to return to Bachelor In Paradise when production resumed, I respectfully made the decision not to return. I understand the media's interest in this story, and I greatly appreciate my fans' concerns for my well-being, but I think it is best if I keep any further thoughts private for now.
For now, I'm sure fans of Corinne are just happy to see her back on social media.