ABC

Will 'Bachelor In Paradise' Return?

By
Share

Bachelor Nation was rocked when news broke that Bachelor In Paradise had suspended its filming due to alleged sexual misconduct.

What followed was an emotional roller coaster for fans and Bachelor contestants alike, as well as an intense investigation into what actually went down.

Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty ImagesABC

Now, the investigation is over.

In an official statement, Warner Bros. told Elite Daily,

As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico.  We take all such allegations seriously.  The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly.  Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed.  Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident.  We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member.  Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.

Elite Daily reached out to Corinne and DeMario's reps about the investigation's findings, but did not hear back by time of publication.

However, ABC Spokesperson told Elite Daily,

We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of 'Bachelor in Paradise.' Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.
ABC

But, did you guys all catch that? This season of Bachelor In Paradise will resume filming, we just don't know the details yet.

It is clear Warner Bros. is going to take great care in their next steps, thought it is uncertain whether the show will resume as we know it.

It was first reported that an alleged incident took place between Bachelor and Bachelorette stars DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios.

On June 14, Jackson gave E! Online the following statement about the show's suspension and claims about his involvement:

It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.

Corinne responded as well. According to TMZ, she said,

I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.

There has also yet to be any official news on whether we can expect Corinne and DeMario to return. We'll just have to wait and see.