How To Tell If You're Dating A One Hit Wonder Guy
If you're intrigued about the "one hit wonder" kind of a guy, let me clue you in: He has all the wit, charm and sexy looks to swoop you off your feet from the get-go.
He may be a badass Casanova who likes to live life on the spontaneous side, with no strings or plans attached.
He does him, and that's his main focus.
On the exterior, he seems like a prize, and you guys totally hit it off. But on the inside, he's essentially kind of like a big kid.
He has a lot of growing up to do.
You know he's not the right one for you, even though you can't seem to shake the butterflies you get when you're with him.
We've all been there: The one hit wonder is the guy you have to get out of your system at one point or another in your life. You may date him once, but you have the good sense and perspective to never go back to him again.
He's the experience, but not the one.
Here are 18 ways to tell if you're dating a one hit wonder kind of a guy. He could be a mixture of many of these qualities.
1. He's all fun and games at first… until he slowly starts to change. He becomes less affectionate when your relationship starts to get serious.
2. He jumps ship when you need him the most.
3. He seems like he's on the phone a lot.
4. He's all about living in the moment: Future plans cramp his vibe.
5. He has a wandering eye.
6. He doesn't come up with anything creative or sweet to try to win your attention because he knows he already has it.
7. He's not good at paying attention, and he quickly forgets things you say.
8. He won't introduce you to his family.
9. He rarely takes you out on romantic dates. He'd rather chill with you and his main crew because he doesn't want to miss out on any of the fun times.
10. He's all talk and no action.
11. He's cheap... even when he should be trying to impress you, like on a first date.
12. He's self-centered.
13. He's immature, and he doesn't have many – if any – set goals in his life.
14. He rarely makes promises. And if he does, he doesn't follow through on them.
15. He's all about hitting you up for last-minute plans.
16. He brings on the hardcore flirt too early when you first start texting.
17. He's not in a career he's passionate about, but he does nothing to change it.
18. He will never fight for you.
It's important to identify certain things about a guy before your relationship goes on longer than it should.
You may want to overlook the red flags the one hit wonder gives off because you're so attracted to the idea of him. He may be hot damn fine, but he's not the type of guy who will give you what you want (and need) in the long run.
Cut those ties loose sooner rather than later... or else, you may be setting yourself up for heartbreak and disappointment.