Every girl with guy friends realizes how important they are in her life.
These men offer a crazy, different perspective than the one we're accustomed to hearing from our female friends, and honestly, it's a breath of fresh air.
As women, we're constantly thinking. And, regardless if the topic is important, irrelevant or life-changing, our minds are always moving seven speeds too fast. Because of this, our guy friends have a special place in our lives.
This is exactly why we're so lucky to have them:
1. If you throw a punch at the bar, you don't have to worry about a retaliation.
Sure, you may be too old to partake in a girl fight, but sometimes, sh*t just hits the fan.
Lucky for you, before there's any hair pulling or smacking, your guy friends are there to intervene.
2. They will always call you out on your sh*t.
Guys aren't afraid to hold back their feelings — if something pisses them off, you better believe they're going to straight up tell you.
Sometimes, you need this brutally honest advice, so thank God for them.
3. They offer a different vibe and energy.
They're goofy; they're caring, and they're always entertaining. Every time you hang out with them, you learn something new.
4. They can answer all those questions you've been too afraid to ask.
"Is Liquid C real?! That's cheating!!!"
5. They always have your back.
Whether it's physically or emotionally, figuratively or literally, it's something that always holds true.
6. They don't hold grudges.
It's hard to disagree with the fact that females are notorious for holding grudges -- something much more avoidable when it comes to guy friends.
Things don't linger for too long before guys get distracted by something else.
7. They'll keep your secrets — if they're even listening.
You can talk all you want and, somehow, always feel better, even if you don't think they were tuned in half of the time.
8. They don't expect you to return their clothes when you borrow them.
What's theirs is yours, and it will always be like that.
I guess the female equivalent would be you finally setting them up with all your friends.
9. They're the best wingmen you could ask for.
A guy talking you up to another guy has many, many benefits.
10. They can pretend to be your boyfriend when ugly people hit on you at the bar.
No more SOS alerts!
11. They won't judge you for your terrible eating habits.
In fact, they'll indulge with you. You can totally justify eating french fries and onion rings because the guys were ordering them, anyway.
12. Their compliments are always genuine.
They never say things just to say them, so you know when they tell you something good, they mean it.
13. You always have a plus-one to any event.
You don't have to worry about rolling up anywhere solo -- aka, one of a girl's biggest fears.
14. You don't have to censor yourself around them.
You're grateful no one has ever eavesdropped on your conversations, or they would be absolutely appalled.
15. You can get as drunk as you want because there's always someone to get you home.
If you've never had your friend physically place you inside a taxi after a wild night, well, you haven't really lived.
16. They're easily offended by almost nothing.
"Cool story. Can you please never repeat anything like that ever again?"
"Okay, so what do you want to eat?"
17. If you accidentally make out, they want to forget about it just as much as you do.
If you pretend it never happened, it never happened.
18. Most of the time, they're footing the bill.
Guys will treat you like their little sister, which means they'll usually refuse your money.
19. You'll never date anyone sh*tty because you know it'd never fly.
These guys are your harshest critics, so if you think you're going to start dating someone, you better get their prior approval.
20. They always have weed on deck.
"A friend in need is a friend, indeed. A friend with weed is better."
21. They teach you how not to drink like a wuss.
You may not want to drink whiskey, but you'll sure learn to like it.
22. A girl with mostly guy friends is never a basic b*tch.
There's no way they'd allow anything like this to happen to you.
23. They don't f*ck with people who don't f*ck with you.
And, they don't f*ck with people you don't f*ck with.