18 People Confess The Questions They Wish They Could Ask On First Dates
First dates are all about beating around the bush.
You probably have a pre-decided set of questions and an invisible checklist you want to fill out on the first date. We all have checklists of sorts.
But, you also know you can't just ask everything you're curious about. So, you end up asking every question in the universe you somehow deemed relevant to the question you aren't asking in the hope of milling any context clues you can to try and figure out an answer to your unasked question.
So, when your date says,
Yeah, I used to go horseback riding when my family would visit my grandparents in Maine.
You REALLY just hear,
OK. So, I clearly want a big family because I was close with my family, who is super wealthy, by the way. I mean, we vacationed at our grandparent's house in MAINE where we recreationally rode horses. Oh, also, I'm SUPER DTF.
Reddit users decided to break down that wall and discuss the un-discussable when one Redditor asked,
What question do you wish you could ask on a first date but you can't because it's considered inappropriate?
The answers were actually kind of shocking. Redditors really have an interesting array of thought-provoking questions they'd love to ask the people they're courting. It actually kind of makes you wonder whether or not our preconceived notions of who is on Reddit are correct. Maybe Reddit isn't full of low-life miscreants and rather just chock full of hopeless romantics?
JK, most questions involved getting peens and cocoa beans touched by mouths or vaginas.
1. This is a Reddit user who's been burned before.
2. This guy seems like a CHORE to date.
3. "Know from experience."
4. OK, buddy. Let's calm down.
5. A weird amount of Redditors are CONVINCED they're hardcore rebounds.
6. JEEZ, SLOW YOUR DAMN ROLL.
7. "Can you cope with everyday life?" How many recently-released ex-cons is this dude dating?
8. YOU SHOULD BE SO LUCKY.
10. OK, this is a fair question. This guy is the voice of reason in this fire pit.
11. WTF is it with these people wondering about accidental pregnancies?!
13. WHAT IS THE REST OF OUR LIFE TOGETHER GOING TO LOOK LIKE?!?!
14. She feelin' the Bern or kicking it into Cruz control?
18. OK, I'm leaving. Bye.
Everyone on Reddit needs to cool down.