So this is it, huh? Your wedding day. As I see it, you're one of two people: Person A has been dreaming about their wedding since they found out weddings exist. They knew what color scheme they wanted, what the food would look like, what flowers they'd have, and, of course, what their wedding dress would look like. Then there's person B, who never really took time out of their day to plan their wedding before they knew it was happening. They knew they wanted to look their best and they'd be interested when the time came, but planning beforehand just didn't seem like something they felt was a good use of their time. Whichever kind of bride you are (because there's nothing wrong with either), there is one thing that crosses everyone's mind when the time comes: the wedding dress — and with that, some epic captions for wedding dress pictures to share with your friends and family later.
Who knows how the dress phenomenon really started, but at least for now, it's here to stay. So whether you love to love it or love to hate it, finding your wedding dress was kind of a big deal, and you want your Instagram caption to do it justice. Luckily, these 25 quotes about wedding dresses — the day you got it, the day you got to wear it in front of your forever person, etc. — are just what you need to tie up the final ribbon on your big day.
1. "Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief she is beautiful." — Sophia Loren
2. "I want a marriage more beautiful than my wedding."
3. "You can never be overdressed or overeducated." — Oscar Wilde
4. "Spinning like a girl in a brand-new dress." — Taylor Swift, "Holy Ground"
5. "Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale." — Melissa Brown
6. "*Twirls into the wedding like...*"
7. "If a guy can't handle you in sweatpants, he doesn't deserve you in a wedding dress." — Drake
8. "Selecting a wedding dress is more than just a fitting... it's a process, a memory in the making." — Olivelli Cape Town wedding boutique
9. "That moment when you find the dress."
10. "Say you’ll remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset." — Taylor Swift, "Wildest Dreams"
11. "A wedding dress is both intimate and personal for a woman — it must reflect the personality and style of the bride." — Carolina Herrera
12. "Life is short. Buy the dress."
13. "After all, there is something about a wedding gown, prettier than any other gown in the world." — Douglas William Jerrold
14. "We believe in dressing up in gorgeously impractical things, like tulle, sequins, lace and sparkles."
15. "With you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress." — Taylor Swift, "Fearless"
16. "Be your own kind of beautiful."
17. "On her wedding day, a woman should be certain she has found a dress that makes her feel confident, and above all else, beautiful." — Carolina Herrera
18. "At the end of the day, it's the bride who makes the dress, not the other way around." — Kang Chun Lin, designer
19. "Any woman can wear a great outfit, but it is her who makes the statement." — Tammy Taylor
20. "You can't spell weddings & rings without D-R-E-S-S." — Kaitlin Cubria
21. "Today was a fairy tale, I wore a dress." — Taylor Swift, "Today Was A Fairy Tale"
22. "I want people to see the dress, but focus on the woman." — Vera Wang
23. "I think that playing dress-up begins at age 5 and never truly ends." — Kate Spade
24. "I can't keep calm, I said yes to the dress."
25. "Being happy never goes out of style." — Lilly Pulitzer
This article was originally published on