24 Coming Out Day Instagram Captions That Show Off Your Pride
Coming out is simultaneously one of the scariest and most gratifying things you can do as a queer person. In 1988, LGBTQ rights activists Jean O'Leary and Robert Eichberg founded National Coming Out Day (Oct. 11) to honor that. Thankfully, it's 2019, and society has evolved to the point where queer folks can find community and share their experiences for $Free.99 on social media. That includes coming out, too. If you want to come out online, Instagram captions for Coming Out Day can be anything from funny, to punny, to tongue-in-cheek.
Whatever vibe you go for, all that matters is that you feel safe posting, that you're happy with what you post, and that it feels like an accurate representation of who you are. No, the perfect Coming Out Day caption probably won't end transphobia or homophobia. Your incredible Coming Out Day flex won't mean you'll never have to come out to new friends, co-workers, partners, or extended family ever again. But, together, a cute post and caption on Oct. 11 can be a playful way to let your current social circle know what your queer identity is, and that you're proud of it, too. Here are 23 fun captions you can use to show off your pride this Coming Out Day.
TFW Gender Is A Drag
Whether you're trans, non-binary, genderqueer, or all of the above, you can drop the below captions to clue your followers into your gender identity.
1. "I put the tea in LGBT."
2. "My pronouns are 100% / that / b*tch."
3. "The future is non-binary."
4. "I'm baby ➡️ I'm theyby."
5. "Proud of who I am."
6. "I'm (gender)queer and I'm here."
7. "Feeling genderqueer, won't delete later."
8. "Live. Work. Pose."
9. "Hi! I'm here to announce that gender is over."
10. "May not be a cis-ter, but I am your sister."
TFW Being Straight Was Your Phase
Whatever "queer" means for you in terms of your sexuality, there's no wrong way to pair a cute and clever caption with your Coming Out Day photo.
11. "Only thing I’m concerned about for 2020 is Making America Gay Again."
12. "Make lots of noise / Kiss lots of boys / Or kiss lots of girls / If that's something you're into." — "Follow Your Arrow" by Kacey Musgraves
13. "Tell ‘em boy, bi."
14. "Coming out Day? Sounds pan-tastic to me."
15. "Being a queer black woman in America, someone who has been in relationships with both men and women – I consider myself to be a free-ass motherf*cker." — Janelle Monáe.
16. "I'm not coming out of the closet. I’m coming out of the pantry, like all the other pans."
17. “It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.” — Audre Lorde
18. "Kacey Musgraves was right: There's always been a rainbow hanging over my head."
19. "Today, I'm saying bi to calling myself straight."
20. "Alexa, play 'I'm Coming Out' by Diana Ross." (If you're good at TikTok, Triller, or Instagram Stories, now is your time to shine.)
22. "The only thing straight about me is my hair."
23. "I give no f*cks because I'm asexual."
24. "No, pansexual does not mean attracted to pans."
Whether you're quietly queer or loud and proud, don't be afraid to make your Coming Out Day Instagram post one to remember.
For more stories like this one, visit Elite Daily's Coming Out page.