A vibrant rainbow can mean so many things to many different people. To some, it can be a symbol of a promise; to others, it can be a sign of hope. If you're Irish, it can be a sign of good luck. (The myth that leprechauns hide their treasure and gold at the end of a rainbow is very tempting to believe, don'tcha think?) And, to even more, it's a symbol of pride, particularly among the LGBTQ+ community. If you're lucky enough to snap a pic with the colorful phenomenon in the sky, or even a flag with the seven hues, you need some great rainbow Instagram captions to accompany it.
While it can be difficult for some to find general rainbow puns or funny quotes, rest assured, there are a bunch of lovely songs and books that you can use for inspiration. Take The Wizard of Oz, for instance. There's no way you haven't teared up over Judy Garland's rendition of "Over the Rainbow" before. Oh, and I know I'm not the only one who has sung along to "Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie. See what I mean?
There are so many more quotes that will put a smile on your face, and they aren't all mainstream. So, if you have a rainbow photo that you need to share with your Instagram followers — because pics or it didn't happen, amirite? — then here are 20 fun quotes you can use to accompany it.
1. “Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” — Aberjhani, Journey through the Power of the Rainbow: Quotations from a Life Made Out of Poetry
2. "Life throws challenges and every challenge comes with rainbows and lights to conquer it." — Amit Ray, World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird
3. "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." — Dolly Parton
4. "The Rainbow is a promise" — Mary Clark Dalton
5. "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." — Maya Angelou
6. "Color will always make you smile." — Anthony T. Hincks
7. "Don't miss all the beautiful colors of the rainbow looking for that pot of gold."
8. "Some day we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The lovers, the dreamers, and me." — The Muppets, "Rainbow Connection"
9. "No two people see the rainbow the same way."
10. "We believed we'd catch the rainbow, ride the wind to the sun, sail away on ships of wonder." — Rainbow, "Catch The Rainbow"
11. "We are rainbows, me and you. Every color, every hue." — Miley Cyrus, "Rainbowland"
12. "I can see a rainbow in your tears as the sun comes out as the sun comes out." — Sia, "Rainbow"
13. “Rainbows: The gift from heaven to us all." — Anthony T. Hincks
14. "There is no envy, jealousy, or hatred between the different colors of the rainbow. And no fear either. Because each one exists to make the others’ love more beautiful." — Aberjhani, Journey through the Power of the Rainbow: Quotations from a Life Made Out of Poetry
15. "I can't lose hope, what's left of my heart's still made of gold." — Kesha, "Rainbow"
16. "In life, you either choose to sing a rainbow, or you don't. Keep singing." — Kathleen Long, Chasing Rainbows
17. "If the rainbow had an eighth color, it would be you." — Scarlet Lucia Rey
18. "Why are there so many songs about rainbows, and what's on the other side?" — The Muppets, "Rainbow Connection"
19. "No matter how far I'll find my way to you, followin' a rainbow." — Colbie Caillat, "Rainbow"
20. "Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true." — Judy Garland, "Over the Rainbow"
Beautiful quotes to accompany beautiful photos. What more could you ask for?
This article was originally published on