20 Hanukkah Instagram Captions That'll Light Up Your Post
Hanukkah begins on Tuesday, Dec. 12 this year, and if you celebrate it, you know it's a cherished time with family and it's pretty lit — literally. Since the holidays can't help but make an appearance on social media, you're going to need Hanukkah Instagram captions for each night of lighting the menorah with your loved ones. I mean, you have about eight days to post, so time is certainly on your side.
If you don't know the entire background behind Hanukkah or Chanukah, it's eight days celebrated by the Jewish religion. It happens in the wintertime and each night a light is lit on a beautiful menorah. There are variations on the spelling and pronunciation of the holiday, but the meaning is still the same.
If you've ever been lucky enough to celebrate or join a family celebrating, it's a pretty incredible and meaningful experience. It may not be as many lights as people wrap around their Christmas trees, but the purpose of the lighting of the candles and the backstory are very insightful. It's always interesting to step inside of a belief other than your own, simply to understand something new.
If you celebrate Hanukkah or plan on being involved in a friend's festivities, don't let those bright pics stand on their own and choose a caption that really makes those vibrant flames shine.
1. "It's lit." — Unknown
2. "The proper response, as Hanukkah teaches, is not to curse the darkness but to light a candle." — Irving Greenberg
3. "To me, every hour of the light and dark is a miracle. Every cubic inch of space is a miracle." — Walt Whitman
4. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the single candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” — Zen Expression
5. "It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." — Eleanor Roosevelt
6. "Hanukkah is... the festival of lights. Instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights." — Adam Sandler
7. "Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." — Ruth E. Renkel
8. "We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." — Ben Sweetland
9. “We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.” — J.K. Rowling
10. "Shine your light and make a positive impact on the world; there is nothing so honorable as helping improve the lives of others.” — Roy T. Bennett
11. “You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world.” — Oprah Winfrey
12. “The Sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it's here is up to us. Journey wisely.” — Alexandra Elle
13. “It takes darkness to be aware of the light.” — Treasure Tatum
14. “There will always be a door to the light.” — Shiro Amano
15. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
16. "It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light." — Aristotle
17. "There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." — Edith Wharton
18. "Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being." — Albert Schweitzer
19. "Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself." — Desiderius Erasmus
20. "The sun is gone, but I have a light." — Kurt Cobain
Ultimately, it's amazing how many overlapping holidays happen throughout the year, and the way they bring people together. Magical hardly even describes the feeling of the holiday season, and we're incredibly here for it.