20 Flirty Texts To Send After A First Date To Let Them Know You're Interested
I’ve definitely been on my share of bad dates, which is why, on the rare occasion that I go on a good one, I have a full repertoire of flirty texts to send afterwards so they know I'm feeling them. Does that seem extreme? Well, clearly you haven't been on a enough bad dates.
How bad could they possibly be? Thank you for asking. I've had dates where they spent the whole night talking about their "just friends" friend and ended with them running out the door having realized that they were actually in love with them when I pointed out the painfully obvious. It was quite the rom-com moment — I just didn't happen to be the leading lady. (Side note: He texted me again a few months later. Turns out it was The Notebook after all. I blocked him.) One time, when the check came, my date held it open toward me to collect my card, with a little rhyme: "It don't cost much when you go dutch!" But the worst had to be the guy who intentionally drove down the wrong side of the road into oncoming traffic until I promised I’d had a great time. (Spoiler alert: I didn't)
So now do you get why, on the rare occasion when a date goes well, like really well, you gotta have a plan? One thing I recommend doing after a good first date is to shoot them a text to make it crystal clear you’re feeling them. However, you want to keep it light and flirty so you never come off as thirsty (even if you totally are). Here are 20 ideas to get you started.
If You Text Them Later That Night
1. You looked so hot in that shirt [or other item of clothing] tonight! I’m not gonna lie, it was … distracting. ;)
2. That was fun! My favorite part was when you held my arm... it gave me chills — the good kind.
3. Wow, I can still taste you on my lips. ;)
4. Good night… sweet dreams! (about me…)
5. Wow dude, how am I supposed to fall sleep after such an exciting date?
6. Tonight was perfect. Sweet dreams.
7. Are you still replaying our date tonight in your head, too?
8. I almost forgot to tell you how hot you looked tonight.
9. Just thought you should know, you're an amazing kisser.... g'night
10. I had such a great time tonight that I'm still wearing the smile you gave me.
If You Text Them The Next Day
11. I can’t stop thinking about last night
12. Well, how the hell are you gonna top that date last night?
13. Next time we go out, I’m buying!
14. Thanks again for last night! I'm still cracking up about [insert funny story].
15. Just thought you should know, you're great at first dates.... we should get together to see how you are on second ones.
16. Things I remember from our date last night: [thing one], [thing two], and you being an amazing kisser.
17. I woke up this morning thinking about that kiss. We should do it again some time.
18. I had a so much fun last night. We should have that much fun again sometime soon.
19. You really showed me a good time last night, now it’s my turn to show you one. ;)
20. I think I really like making out with you, we should get together and try again, just be sure... ya know, for science.
There you have it. Congrats on your great first date and good luck on date number two!
Check out the entire Gen Why series and other videos on Facebook and the Bustle app across Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.
Check out the “Best of Elite Daily” stream in the Bustle App for more stories just like this!