15 Flirty Texts To Send Your Crush On Valentine's Day To Shoot Your Shot
If you're single with a taste for romance, you've probably dreamed up the perfect Valentine's Day — complete with a smashing red outfit, delicious food, the perfect soundtrack, and the sex position you'd like your Valentine's Day evening to end in. One potential hiccup could be that you don't have anyone lined up to help you live out this V-Day fantasy. However, if you do have a hottie in mind, you're as good as gold — as long as you send them the right text. If you're in need of flirty texts to send your crush on Valentine's Day this year, then I've got some suggestions that will get the job done.
As Fran Greene, licensed clinical social worker and author of The Secret Rules of Flirting, previously told Elite Daily, flirty texts are the perfect low-pressure way to shoot your shot. "Texting allows you to craft your best flirt without distractions and without the anticipation of seeing an instantaneous reaction," she explained. "You can add, delete, and even get a friend's opinion if you need another set of eyes — all before you hit send."
Here's a little inspo for the digital candy-gram you can send your crush on Valentine's Day.
If they know you've got major heart eyes
- "Every time I get a text from you, I feel like I've been shot by Cupid. 💘"
- "Are you a cherub? Because I think you're extra angelic."
- "I can't stop thinking about what it would be like to kiss you."
- "Hey, it's Valentine's Day? Wanna 🐝🗻?" [Bee mine.]
- "So, Valentine's Day is coming up. Are we doing something or what?"
If you're looking for someone to keep you warm on V-Day night
- "I'm eating these conversation hearts right now, but I'd rather eat you, TBH. 🤷🏾♀️"
- "I don't have any frosting, but you can come eat my V-day cookie."
- "You look like Aphrodite in the streets... I'm wondering if you're also Aphrodite in the sheets. 🍑"
- "I want to wake up on Friday with hella candy and you in my bed."
- "I'm trying to put the XXX in XOXOXO. Wanna give me a hand?"
If they don't know you're crushing hard
- "So, word on the street is that you have a secret admirer... any guesses who it might be? 💌"
- "I know it's been awhile since we talked, but I think about you all the time." 💭
- "Valentine's Day is coming up and I was wondering if you were doing anything that day..."
- "You know, I just can't shake this feeling we're meant to be together."
- "Roses are red, violets are blue, and I just wanted to let you know... I kinda have a crush on you."
Well, what are you waiting for? There's a V-Day playlist to perfect, outfits to coordinate, date ideas to vet, and food you should decide on eating. Oh, and proceed to send these bad boys to your crush, with any combination of smiley or winky faces, gem-colored hearts, angel emojis, or devil emojis for that extra festive touch.
Fran Greene, licensed clinical social worker and author
Editor's note: This story has been updated to add expert insight.
This article was originally published on